close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My best day on the river so far this season!

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by nlcatfish, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Sept 18th. I got the boat in the water at 08:00 headed down river. There was no current at all, tried drift fishing just with boat oars, just did not work out as planned. Went and anchored up at a good spot with deep water. Put my lines out there at 09:25. I got my first fish of the day at 09:50. The channel cat was 2.5 pounds. Then boated another channel at 10:05, it was just a little bigger, 3.1 pounds. Then got a 4.5 sheep head perch on the thawed cut skipjack.

I hooked into my biggest cat of this year at 11:05. It was a blue cat, 34 inches, 17 pounds!! I caught 2 more blues, 7.5 that was 27 inches. I was out of skipjack so had to try other baits. The last blue cat hit some chunks of a steak seasoned hot dog! This one was only 3.2 pounds and 21 inches.

I headed for the ramp and home around 13:30. This was MY best day of fishing so far this season. Hopefully with the cooler weather things will even get better. I will try to upload some photos of this trip in the next week.