close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My B-Day Ohio River Report

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by DavidWS10, May 9, 2004.

1. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

After the fiasco I had Friday, I was able to put my boat into the water yesterday. My plans for the weekend basically involved having my boat in the water more than it was on the trailer. Not being able to get my boat started Friday really put a damper on things. But anyways, yesterday, after figuring out why my boat wouldn't start I headed to the river. We launched around 11:30 am. The boat started fine, and I backed it off the trailer. Well, at this point, I discovered a new problem that ended up being related to my no-start problem. When I'd shift into forward and give it just a little bit of gas, the engine would cut off. For the next 1.5 hours, we floated up and down Tanners Creek while I worked on the problem. I figured out what the problem was and made a temporary fix, and I tuned my carberautor. By now, it is about 1:00pm and I decide to take the boat out onto the river and let it run for a bit. We ride around for a little while and then head back to Tanners Creek to get some bait. We get into the creek and I start throwing my net. Before it was all said and done, I spent another hour or so chasing shad - only to catch five of the little buggers before I hung up my net and ripped a huge hole in it. After this, we ran into MrFish, and we talked talked for a bit. But anyways, before this gets anymore long-winded, we headed out to the river with our 5 shad. By this time, the wind had started picking up and we were getting a slight chop on the river. Dropped anchor at our first spot, baited up, and tried to relax. Well, that was easier said than done. The wind was pushing my boat upriver, against the current, and I even had out my version of Doc's drift-bucket anchor. To make this long story short, we ended up getting skunked. And I have to buy another cast net. Nevertheless, it was still better to be out on the river at least trying to fish, than sitting at home or work, wishing I was fishing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Sounds like one of my trips. hang in there david. thats the way your boat test you to see of your serious about fishing or not. :D

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday, happy belated birthday.

4. Bummer David,next time will be better!Everybody has bad days.Daryl