Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Tuesday late morning (11:00 am) and tried bouncing a minnow with a twister on bottom down by the dam for some eyes. Wasnt marking alot of fish on fish finder. Decided to go down to Cheshire bridge and fish the rock banks and the deeps for eyes and still...nothing. We then tried :T and still nothing. I told my buddy, "heck with this,lets go try for crappie".We then went North of Cheshire closer to 36/37 and started hitting structure with minnow. Wham ! A BIG muskie hit my minnow and by him pulling and me trying to keep him out of the tree structure,my line broke. I like fishing with a lite action pole when fishing for crappie and this guy messed up my Quantum reel. He ment business ! Well we moved on and ended up with 2 lrg mouths,1 perch and several blue gills with no crappies. All this action was later in evening about 5pm. How can fishing get so frustrating ? I hear others doing well but not me. Gonna try Indian Lake for eyes tomorrow,will update you on this trip. Good Luck to all you guys and be safe. Chad

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sat and Sunday I was catching crappie in 17 to 25 ft of water with 1/16 oz jig and roadeinner head tipped with minnow slow drag along the bottom. Just jig head and minnow; no tail. Most were in 9 to 10 in range and single 12in. There fish were not near any brush. They were in the bottom near severe depth change. I did not mark these fish; but I did find bait fish in the area. Hope that helps for crappie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts