close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My 1st 'eye' - below O'Shay dam

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by nomore3putts, May 13, 2004.

1. nomore3putts

nomore3putts AddictiveFish'n TV Addict

Well, my patience finally paid off today! Been trying to catch one of these rascals since winter time with no luck. Caught a few white bass as a bonus.

Caught on crankbait, 4lbs, 22in. - I normally release everything, but this one will be swimming on my plate later this evening!

[​IMG]

2. Heck of a nice eye for your first one!
    good job

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Great fish! Was the water coming over pretty hard today?

4. Way to go. That's is one nice-looking eye!

5. Nice lookin s-eye, got one like that couple weeks ago. They just need to get a little more consistant :rolleyes:

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

great fish. Thanks for the picture! I also want to know how fast the water was coming out. Is the river wadeable below? I might hit it tonite for smallies.

7. nomore3putts

nomore3putts AddictiveFish'n TV Addict

This morning the water coming over the dam was not strong at all. Not sure where you want to wade in... They were releasing LOTS of water from the concrete structure (whatever that is), but shortly downstream it all settles down quite soon...

looks like about 800 cu ft./sec accd to:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?03221000

8. the cement structure is the discharge from the hyroelectic plant. most of the flow comes from there now, it used to come over the dam.

9. Well it's about time something came out of there. I have been waiting for that to happen. Last year at this time I had about 60 eye's already. They started about the 2nd week in March last year and then shut off the 1st week in June. I was going down there 3 to 4 times a week and pulling a limit out everytime. Check my web site and you will see what I'm talking about. Their in there but have been only 1 or 2 here and there. Thanks for the info. I think I will be getting up around 4:30 and heading down there if it is not raining. My rain gear is in the boat and the boat is covered up tight for now. (Gas @ $2.05 a gal. stopped me for a bit)