Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AddictiveFish'n TV Addict
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my patience finally paid off today! Been trying to catch one of these rascals since winter time with no luck. Caught a few white bass as a bonus.

Caught on crankbait, 4lbs, 22in. - I normally release everything, but this one will be swimming on my plate later this evening!

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
great fish. Thanks for the picture! I also want to know how fast the water was coming out. Is the river wadeable below? I might hit it tonite for smallies.

·
AddictiveFish'n TV Addict
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning the water coming over the dam was not strong at all. Not sure where you want to wade in... They were releasing LOTS of water from the concrete structure (whatever that is), but shortly downstream it all settles down quite soon...

looks like about 800 cu ft./sec accd to:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?03221000

·
Registered
501 Posts
the cement structure is the discharge from the hyroelectic plant. most of the flow comes from there now, it used to come over the dam.

·
Lost in the 50's
2,278 Posts
Well it's about time something came out of there. I have been waiting for that to happen. Last year at this time I had about 60 eye's already. They started about the 2nd week in March last year and then shut off the 1st week in June. I was going down there 3 to 4 times a week and pulling a limit out everytime. Check my web site and you will see what I'm talking about. Their in there but have been only 1 or 2 here and there. Thanks for the info. I think I will be getting up around 4:30 and heading down there if it is not raining. My rain gear is in the boat and the boat is covered up tight for now. (Gas @ $2.05 a gal. stopped me for a bit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts