Muzzleloader Buck

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Bulldawg, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Bulldawg

I shot a nice buck last day of muzzleloader . I have hunted very hard this year, spending countless hours in the woods this year. I hunted all day saturday without seening a single deer. So as it started getting dark that evening I saw two does working my way . I picked the second one out and as she worked into a clearing I took a shot at her. I thought I had hit her . But I got up to where she stood and found no blood or hair. Since I was looking in the dark I thought it would be wise to go back the next day and double check to make sure I didnt get her. Went back the next day and saw I had hit a fence post that was directly in line with the doe. So I walked across a little valley and sat down against a tree looking over the same area I have hunted all year . I hadnt been sitting down 5 minutes and I looked to my left and saw a buck and doe working straight to me about 85 yards out. I found a clearing and made the shot putting the buck down in his tracks. But I had been so concentrated on the buck in my scope I didnt realize how close I was to the scope. Needless to say the scope nailed me in the forehead and laid me wide open. Probably should of got stitches but decided not to . Another funny part of the story is where the buck fell. I have been hunting from one particular tree all season . In which I havent had a deer walk by all year. The buck was standing at the base of that tree where he fell when I shot . But after one hell of a headache and a little bit of blood shed on my part it was all worth it.

Attached Files:

2. Nice buck and an interesting story. Thanks for sharing.:)

3. Great buck! Congrats on your late season success.

4. Nice work, nice buck. Any pictures of your battle wound?!?!

5. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Good huntin' story and nice buck. Nuthin' like waitin' till the last minute....

6. Congratulations, Bulldawg! Thats a nice looking buck.

Hope that scope wound isn't too nasty. I did that once a long time ago. Its a heck of jolt.

7. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Bulldawg

Hey guys thanks for all the responses . Chase845 I don't have any pics of the battle wounds but I was able to get another pic of the rack . It was taken from my cell phone but didn't turn out too bad.

Attached Files: