Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wishin' I was fishin'
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the slow death hooks? In-fisherman talked me into buying, I wondered how they actually work?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've caught fish using them on spinner rigs, they add more action to your bait, I can't tell if they work better than regular hooks though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My cousin loves them throwing harnesses for walleye, seems harder to keep the worm on for me, and we typically are even at the end of the day.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have used them quite a bit over the last 5-10 years. Sometimes they outproduce a traditional crawler harness....sometimes they don't.

A couple years ago they came out with a "Super" slow death hook that you can use a whole crawler on. A friend of mine uses soft plastics instead of a crawler and has done pretty well on walleyes, smallmouth and pike using that method.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I received a few sample slow death hooks and trolled them slowly behind a 3-way. No harness. Just straight leader to the hook and caught some nice walleyes out at West Branch this way. Don't know that they're a staple, but definitely worth a go!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I haven't personally tried them yet, but Trokar makes the Re-volv hook, which from the reviews i've read is infinitely better than the slow death hooks. Going to place an order for some soon and I'll report back.

Reactions: BNiemo

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Has anyone used the slow death hooks? In-fisherman talked me into buying, I wondered how they actually work?
Go ahead and blame In Fisherman ! I have a long lost of those sneaky culprits.😉
I have used them for a variety of different fish. Mostly using crawlers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My buddy Shatty out fished me using them at Piedmont awhile back. We were trolling for saugeye. I was using jigs and harnesses. Made me a believer. I bought them but haven't tried them yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts