Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to make Musky & Pike lures. They are a lot easier to see than ultra lite stuff. The silver body spinners are made of aluminum. Turned on lathe and hollow, inside some beads and worn out gears from reels for rattles, like a Blue Fox spinner. Blades are aluminum too, formed over pipe. The spinner on lower left caught a 8.5 lb large mouth first cast into the water. Piedmont Lake, buddies say it don’t count because we were Musky fishing. I made these hollow, light aluminum to come in over top weeds without having to reel fast. The Musky size Sonar was a failure. Never caught a Musky on it, the Walleyes however did like it. Started out with pods , but ended up with just the window that is painted lead filled. The minnow shaped bait is Musky version of the old Pippin fly rod lure that was killer on panfish. This one is a genuine failure. It works but haven’t caught jack on it. Finally the brass in lines were made for a buddy of mine. Bodies turned and same as the aluminum ones, blades made of brass off old light fixtures. He trolls them and has caught some fish. I haven’t used one. Just keep one in case I have to make more. Nothing bigger PIA than guys wanting me to make some more lures that I made 5 yrs ago, but they don’t have one left to copy.
Bait Spoon lure Fishing lure Fishing bait Artificial fly

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I like to make Musky & Pike lures. They are a lot easier to see than ultra lite stuff. The silver body spinners are made of aluminum. Turned on lathe and hollow, inside some beads and worn out gears from reels for rattles, like a Blue Fox spinner. Blades are aluminum too, formed over pipe. The spinner on lower left caught a 8.5 lb large mouth first cast into the water. Piedmont Lake, buddies say it don’t count because we were Musky fishing. I made these hollow, light aluminum to come in over top weeds without having to reel fast. The Musky size Sonar was a failure. Never caught a Musky on it, the Walleyes however did like it. Started out with pods , but ended up with just the window that is painted lead filled. The minnow shaped bait is Musky version of the old Pippin fly rod lure that was killer on panfish. This one is a genuine failure. It works but haven’t caught jack on it. Finally the brass in lines were made for a buddy of mine. Bodies turned and same as the aluminum ones, blades made of brass off old light fixtures. He trolls them and has caught some fish. I haven’t used one. Just keep one in case I have to make more. Nothing bigger PIA than guys wanting me to make some more lures that I made 5 yrs ago, but they don’t have one left to copy. View attachment 360723
i would put swivel at end and single 3/0 inline dresed hook,this way the fish can not pry the hook out.the swivel make the hook go where the fish go.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would put swivel at end and single 3/0 inline dresed hook,this way the fish can not pry the hook out.the swivel make the hook go where the fish go.
I don’t find it necessary as I always use big game snap swivel on all Spinners & spoons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts