close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskies must be the smartest fish!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishcrazy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

There is a limited number caught, doesnt say much for Bass, Carp and Catfish does it. Just my opinion. Anyone who has a old 33 can catch any of them. But a big muskie can get away from even the most savy angler??? The reason I say this is when I was a kid 8 or 9. I caught more bass that year on nothing more than a mulberry and a hook. (FRUIT) Carp will hit anything that smells sweet.Or has bran in it. Most Catfish will hit dead decaying flesh or whole minnows (Shad) By now everyone is stirred up, and with good reason. Now let me have it with a goood Discussion.....

Just in fun
    The Crazziest One
    Fishcrazzzzzzy

P.S. ????? If a bass has a brain no bigger than a peanut and a human has a brain the size of a cantalope, why can't a limit everytime be achieved???????

Again just in fun, prove me wrong!!!!!!!!

2. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Man I could'nt even get the CAT :D guys Going.

Fishcrazy

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

this may sound funny coming from a musky guy, but muskies chomp on some of the goofiest looking lures I've ever seen.
    Try to picture a bass fisherman throwing a scaled-down Crane or Topraider. :D
    EH

4. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Just for fun I will bite i guess cause my brain is small so I am easy to catch.
    :D :D :D

Brain size doesn’t matter. Think about it with you cantaloupe for a moment. Einstein had a smaller brain than the average human and he was one of the smartest people in the world’s history. A dog learns tricks upon tricks and has a bigger brain than a cat BUT, a cat is smart enough to know it doesn’t need to learn tricks, eventually you will give up on it and you will still like it just as much. a dog also has a bigger brain than a fish but if you hook a piece of meet on a hook the dog will bite it. (I just know this and I wont tell you how)
    Bass, catfish, and carp are more abundant in any body of water than Muskie.
    You are not on a level playing field with any fish. You are going on their territory and trying to catch them. They know the area, and they know the surroundings better than you so they are at an advantage.
    Im assuming when you where 8 or 9 you where fishing in a pond. You can catch any type of fish out of a pond on just about anything assuming there are fish in there. Now sizeable fish are a little harder to come by out of a pond because they are usually big for a reason. I caught a bluegill on nothing but a hook one year out of a pond. No worm no nothing. It just struck at the hook……
    I do agree that some fish are harder to catch than others. I* for one can not catch a carp if my life depended on it. I dont know why but I just cant get a carp. To say all fish but muskie are dumb and easy to catch that is stretching it a little dont you think? ? ?

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well said Bass hawg!

I think it is more of the fact that there are fewer muskie than the others around! Not that they are smarter. Just being at the right place at the right time and a little skill is more of the reasons for catching the other fish.

6. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

I'm Convinced. And Numbers Matter!!!!
    Fishcrazzzzzzy

Vote conservation! :D

7. catking

catking Banned

JEEZE US !!!!!!!!!!! I'm not even going to make a comment about this.......By the way, did you all know that the common carp is probably the most intelligent of all the fishes? In fact, they are probably a little smarter than your average Musky man that starts crap on a fishin site :cool: .Just ribbin ya crazy one :D .By the way, how's the better half doing now :confused: Did she survive Eagle Creek :D .DA KING !!!

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

After reading all these post. I have one comment to make about the intelligents of a muskie. I have to disagree about muskie being the smartest fish. Now before you jump all over me hear me out. A few years ago we had a get together at Alum. Before we got there Catking ventured down to below the dam and with one cast caught his first Muskie. Now guys if a muskie is thought to be one of the smartest fish, how the hell did Catking catch one :D So much for your theory. I rest my case. :rolleyes: Happy Birthday Rick!!!

9. catking

catking Banned

And how does one bass man happen to catch TWO trophy musky while fishin for bass :confused: on Alum.........Seems like the musky isn't all they are made out to be............. :p ........

Attached Files:

10. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

meow,

word around the campfire says that fish was floating and it was tail hooked.

sowbelly

11. catking

catking Banned

Don't know whos fire you have been sitting around Pig Belly, but Dale must have been there also.You freakin Bass guys stick together don't ya.Yeah, like snot............ :p .................... :D ...DA KING !!!

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I got to agree with you Catking on that one. They even bite on 6" rubber worms in 20+ feet of water, go figure!

13. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Do you know of any Salt water fisherman/guides etc down there. I went out on captain tony's only small grunts. Never again like catching small bluegill.
    Fishcrazzzzzy

14. catking

catking Banned

Can't recommend one for you 'crazy. But I do know that area is beautiful, and so are the women :cool: ........DA KING !!!

15. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

What about the Musky caught on a Carp Boilie out at West Branch?:D

Mitch

16. Wooooo Floating and tail hooked huh? Is there any truth to that?????????