Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I usually fish for eyes, cats, etc., but I've never trolled for muskie. My friend is in town and wants to try. Any tips or helpful pointers at all are greatly appreciated.

We were thinking about maybe Berlin or West Branch trolling spoons, large cranks, and a huge spinner around drop-offs and close to cover around shore.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Uhhhh unless my math is wrong, and my math is never wrong, its the other way around. I know for a fact that there are way more musky at WB than Berlin. Im hoping raiderdave is either pulling your leg or misinformed because it would be wrong to give completely incorrect info.

·
Bulldawg
1,060 Posts
West Branch is defintely your best bet , troll the deep edges of the points, flats and troll the open water . The fish are really scattered right now , but are very catchable . Get your baits 12-14 down and go 4mph-5mph . Tuff shads, boss shads , 9" Grandmas ! They should all work , good luck ! Stick with the trolling , the casting is horrible right now .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.