Muskie Shows and club Banquets

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by fffffish, Feb 12, 2008.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

I think these big shows are a good way for a new muskie fisherman to get needed information about technique and tackle but as you get more in to the sport you will see that all of the speakers basically say the same thing. Fish the weed line fish the humps and so on. I think the best way to get better at the sport is the go to some of the muskie club banquets that are in the area you fish most. They have speakers that know the lakes you fish they can tell you what works and were for spring summer and fall what to do when there is no wind or heavy wind and what colors are hot. You will get more one on one time with people that really know the waters you are fishing not some out of Towner that has never fished your lakes. Also you will have many of the same lure manufactures at these banquets you can picks up their lures a lot cheaper because they do not have to pay high dollars for their booths. You will also meet some people that will take you out fishing with them and show you what to do. I know a few chapters of Muskies Inc that have 3 to 5 thousand dollars worth of fishing tackle and guided trips and free logging at fishing camps in Canada and the U.S. that they raffle off each year. On top of all that you get a good meal with lots of good conversation and fun. If you have not attended some of these banquets in the past you may want to try a few of these in the future. They are usually closer to home less costly with better information about the areas you are fishing.

2. Well said Rick ... I'll see you on Saturday.. and I will be at the Columbus show too.

3. Rick, where and when is the Cleveland chapter banquet? And do you know who will be there?

4. esox62

esox62 BORN TOO LATE

mac , check out muskie guys board-esox east info. center for the details...

5. Thanks esox62. Looks like it's too late for me.

6. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

MadMac
    You have and P.M.

7. I CANT WAIT UNTIL THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!! Im going Saturday.

8. Yeah I'm pretty pumped too ! The Cleveland banquet was cool and the Akron/Canton lure auction had a great turnout last night. But this Saturday.. ahh yes