close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskie Fishing - Any luck this year?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NKUSigEp, Aug 6, 2007.

1. In between catfishing trips, I've been getting in some time searching for these critters but no luck yet this year. I've only been out to Brookville and had a few follow my plugs but no takers.

Anyone doing any good?

I'd like to give it a try up at CC after hearing bass fishermen complain about hooking into 'em on accident and down to Cave Run in KY.

2. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

I was bank fishing at CC 3 years ago for bass. I was using a #0 Agilla Mepps Spinner (Gold w/ red straw over swivel). I was casting out over a point in shallow waters and saw something dart across the water at my lure. So I cast again in the direction of the fish. BAM!!!! A 21" Muskie hit my small lure w/ 10# test line. I was lucky it didn't cut the line. Got a great picture of it. First one i've ever caught.

Then the same year I was out there fishing from the bank (as usual). I took my wife with me. This time we were fishing at Wellman's boat docks. To the left of the docks there are some rough rocks coming out from the bank. My wife was using a Popeye tipped with a wax worm. She caught a 13" muskie in the rocks on her ultra light. She had no idea was she had caught. It was late summer/early fall when she caught it. Great day.

Since then I have been hooked on muskie fishing. Unfortunately I havn't invested yet in a boat to get out to the deeper waters.

Anyone else have any crazy catches fishing for one species and catching a muskie?

3. The Southwest Ohio Muskie Club is having a meeting Thursday night at the Gander Mountain store in huber heights if you would like to get somemore info on CC muskie.

4. Thanks for the info! HH is a bit far for an evening drive but anything closer to Cincinnati in the near future?

5. Rob

Rob Crappietracker

Yea, My first Muskie caught as CC last Wednesday!
    [​IMG]
    She was 40" and I'm guessing around 20lb. Way cool huh?

Rob

6. Most of our monthly meetings are held at the GM store as they allow us to use their room for free and our current president is the store manager, however we may look into having our meetings elsewhere so that those of us further south are not the ones always driving so far.

This month we are having a seminar presented by Larry Carr on GPS/Navionics operations and featuring the new 3D technology!

7. BITE-ME

BITE-ME Muskie Addict

Nice fish Rob. Were you targeting muskie or fishing for another species (aka bait, ha ha ha!!!)?

8. Rob

Rob Crappietracker

Thanks, I was fishing for Bluegill! Just kidding, I got 'er on a small bucktail at the north pool. These fish are strong!!!

Rob

9. Congratulations, Rob. Nice fish!