close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskie fishin Ohio??????????????

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by jay01, Sep 1, 2004.

1. jay01

jay01 Banned

I dont mean to sound stupid.But muskie fish ohio? I heard of leesville but nothing else.Now I read alot of these forums, and I get super excited.Ifish muskie in Hayward Wi and I have moderate success mostly 40in and smaller.But if any one can give me tips were to fish or how in ohio?Now that's something I would be much appricate..I LIVE TO FISH

2. JBJ

JBJ

If you are ever in the Dublin area you need to stop in at Galyans on Sawmill Road. Talk to Darrick and he will tell you all about Salt Fork Lake. He grew up there and jests at folks that call the Muskie a fish of 10,000 casts. He claims they were catching several each a day there. I've been trying to get him to log on here for some muskie talk. I guess I'll have to rattle his cage again tomorrow about it.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Leesville, Pymy, Saltfork, Clearfork, Piedmont, West Branch, Milton, Alum...etc....
    Hayward, WI ???? I thought that was a crappie town ;)

4. Ceasers Creek and Cowan in southwest ohio are also stocked but under fished there have to be a lot of them in there!!!!

5. jay01

jay01 Banned

Thanks for all the info.Esoxhunter they call Hayward the muskie capital of the world thats why the national fish museum is there. My wifes dad got me hooked on this thing called muskie fishin.Now I cant stop.The largest muskie in the world was caught out of chippawa floage up there. I read in the local news up there a muskie washed up on shore there that would of beat the record.Now thats big ...I LIVE TO FISH...

6. I am starting to get the itch for these big brutes as well. So what lake(s) would everyone consider to be a good fall musky lake as far as numbers. I am just starting into it so I am not necessarily targeting the biggest ones. I have always heard that Clearfork was as good as any for numbers. However, I have also read that some lakes produce more fish in certain seasons.