close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muskie Fishers Unite - Crash is Coming to Dayton!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Scarletfisherman, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Everyone (and especially the CC Muskie crew);

I heard on Country Outdoors today that Crash Mullins is presenting at the Dayton Hara Boat Show on Saturday, January 29th. So we have the date. I have emailed Calvin Pyle for the times. As we have been talking about for some time, this is the time to get together and meet and strategize about how to share information and fishing time to conquer the muskies of Caesar's Creek! :D

More information, as soon as I get it.

Who is interested in meeting and talking? :confused:

David (scarletfisherman)

2. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

This show is all muskie and very little hipe. I had some advice given to me a few days ago. How much time on the water have you had 2004? Want to catch one in 2005 increase your time on the water. Sort of answered itself!!!
    Crash's seminar is pretty good. If you go to Columbus stop by striker guide service. Dr Gene Smith is a super guy and finished 7th in the PMTT. If you talk to Gene you won't be disapointed even if you dont go on his guide trip, he will share his info. Maybe alot of us could meet at Columbus as well. I be at Dayton as well. 2005 is going to be the year Caesar Creek takes off.
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzzzy
    Hipe = Nothing but Muskie

3. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I've attended a couple of his seminars in addition to picking his and Justin's brain at his muskie shop at Cave Run. I always feel I've learned something new. :)

4. I'll be there with Fishcrazy We need to set up a time and place to meet so we can all get together..

5. It would be nice if we had a way to identify each other. I had intended to purchase a GFO ball cap to wear but they were on back order. :(

6. Scarletfisherman

Scarletfisherman Catch & Releaser

Hey Everyone;

Calvin came through with a schedule of Bass Tank Show Times and our own Bob Lewis is going to be the MC.

The Best Day seems to be Saturday, January 29th. Here's the schedule for that day:
    12:00-12:50 - Doug Maloney -- "Ohio Saugeyes"
    1:00-1:50 - Crash Mullins -- "Muskies, Muskies, Muskies" :D
    2:00-2:50 - Ron "Gunner" Kaluger -- "Flatheads on Live Bait"
    3:00-3:50 - Rob Thivener -- "Off-Shore Bass Structure Fishin'"
    4:00-4:50 - Crash Mullins -- "Reservoir Muskies" :D
    5:00-5:50 - Calvin Pyle -- Caesars, Clearfork, Cowan & Cave Run Muskies :D
    6:00-6:50 - Bass Tub of Oklahoma -- "Trophy Bass"
    7:00-7:50 - Russ Bailey -- "Crappie Fishin' the Buckeye State"

That's 3 Muskie presentations between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.!!

I suggest we all meet at the Tank before 1:00, watch "Crash's" first presentation, then see if we can get some extra time with "Crash" and meet with our OGF guys until "Crash's" 4:00 presentation. At the end of Crash's pitch, one of us could just announce a short meeting of those who fish CC for Muskies and join up right there, before the next presentation. What do you think?? :confused:

In case you have extra time in January, here are the other times that Crash will be presenting:
    Friday - January 28th -- 7:00 p.m. -- "Muskies - 'Southern' Style"
    Sunday - January 30th -- 2:00 p.m. -- "Muskie Secrets"

Reminder: Ohio Muskie Show at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe in Columbus is February 25-27. Maybe we can all go there also!

Hope those little muskies are happy and growing in CC this winter!!

See you on Saturday, January 29th at 1:00 p.m.!!

7. Very unlikely that I can be there in body but I'll be there in spirit!

Since I live in Cleveland now I only get back to SW Ohio every once in a while to visit the family and do some fishing with dad. I'll pass the info on to pa, he might be able to make it if his health allows. We've both been lucky enought to speak with Crash in the past and he's always been a great source of information.

Steve

8. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

I'll have my fishcrazy jacket on. How about printing out OGF on paper and pinning it to our jackets or hats. Make sure its not confused with Ohio Geek Fest. LOL I could'nt resist.
    Is it darker in the morning or at night.
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzy

9. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Dark is Dark
    Fishcrazy :eek:

10. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

I have some extras to get rid of maybe.
    What do You think.
    Fishcrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy

11. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Ill probably be there. It should be a fun time.

12. Floater

Floater Floatin' on by

I should be there as well.

13. Oh those days of casting a lightweight lure at fish.....how I long to do that again. All I get to do now is SHOVEL THIS MANNA FROM SATAN! I hate snow!!! If I could find those little munchkins who were caroling the other night dreaming of a white christmas i'd give them some freddy kruger tapes to let them dream about.

Fortunately a mere 48 hours ago, I was winterizing my motor in 50 degree weather, oh how the times have changed.

Have a good holiday's all, hopefully i'll see you at the show.

BB

14. big b, you're from WI & you hate the snow? Maybe that's why you're FROM WI??

Unless there's a change in my situation, I'll be @ a dog trial & won't be able to make the boat show.

First the "conference room mishap" & now a calendar conflict. I'm really on a roll....

15. quote "big b, you're from WI & you hate the snow? Maybe that's why you're FROM WI??"

Now we're on the same sheet of music. There is a large difference between playing in the snow and working in the snow. I truely love the former and despise the later.

BB