close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mushrooms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bttmline, Apr 28, 2005.

1. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

that cold snap really hurt the mushrooms around my place. anybody finding any more.
    tim

2. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

My Aunt went out last night and found only 30 or so.

3. I cant find ANY! If I dont find any soon its gona be to LATE!!

4. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Just got back from a short walk in the woods. Only found a dozen grays. I plan on spending the whole day hunting them on Saturday

5. I work for the railroad, yesterday we were driving beside the tracks and I spotted a couple, so we got out and found 85 mush rooms in that one spot. Got home after work, ate dinner and went to another track, drove down that road and found 28. I think the cold weather does have them slowed down, but we always do good along the tracks.

6. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Went out after work for about an hour yesterday and found about 65 fresh ones. Most were small greys and yellows. Found a couple larger ones but no big whites yet. Going to the "honey hole" in Athens today. Ate them for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. Good luck to you all this weekend. Looks like we might be pickin in the rain.

7. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Hey Bronze I have a couple hundred acreas outside of Bourneville, Was wondering if you were finding any close to Chillicothe. Or does it need to warm up some more? Thanks

8. What are whites? I know black, gray, yellow, and spikes.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. Whites are just like the greys, blacks, and yellows only white and the are usually the biggest and last ones to come up.

10. I have never found any that I refer to as white. I guess that sounds like what I refer to as large yellows.

[​IMG]

11. BigChessie

Hey BKR NICE LOOKING PIC!

12. Yes it is...but I borrowed it from The Great Morel web site.;) I have a hard enough time finding the mushrooms let alone ever finding a group like that and getting a pic of it.:rolleyes:

13. That is a great looking pic, i would like to see it for real though. I guess I cant say for sure but I think the whites and yellows are different or at least I have always thought they were, the white ones are really white. I guess the could just be lighter yellow ones, either way they all taste good! I need to find some.

14. bronzebackyac

Yes Chessie,
    I found the ones yesterday just west of town. I have another spot just before bourneville that i have not checked yet. They are poppin for sure out there. A little sun would help though. Give it a try this weekend. Let me know if you need any help I'd be glad to give you a hand... lol

15. BigChessie

Hey Bronze I'm going to be coming down for sure on Sun. Looks like I have some "Honey do's" planned for me on Sat.lol I wouldn't be opposed to doing alittle sharing,lol Take ya round my place for a couple hours in exchange for a couple hours on yours.

16. bronzebackyac

Just got back to the computer this morning. Just wondering if you had any luck on Sunday Big Chessie? I found a half dozen nice ones in Athens on Friday. The sunny mornings we have had the last couple days are bound to help out.

17. Hunted Sunday afternoon with my Dad and brother for 3 hours. Together we found 75 yellows, 9 greys, and 7 spikes! Largest yellows were 4'' and nice heads. We were very surprised as we expected it to be rough. Found one patch of 10 and another with 16 yellows. This woods was in SW OH.

18. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

We found two on Thursday evening. Went to Scioto Trails yesterday, we only found three. Saw a couple of guys and they weren't finding any. I think once it starts to warm up, they will be popping up everywhere.

19. Found 6 Sunday but they were all on the small side. A guy from work said he found 60 in southern Michigan.

20. BigChessie

Hey Bronze I got caught and had to do a ton of "Honey-do's" BOTH sat and Sun. lol I'll be down a couple nights this week I hope. The weekend should be great if it warms up like they say it will. I'm thinking I'll shoot a Gobbler and then do some shrooming on Sat.