close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mushrooms?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Crawl, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Anyone starting to get into them good yet? I went last week and didn't find any and I'm thinking of going out this thursday. Will let you know how I do.
    Later, Jason

2. A friend of mine got about a hundred grays in southeast Ohio over the weekend. He was around the Lake Hope area.

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Southern Ohio should be good right now. Still too cold in NOrthern Ohio. I go by the blossoms on the trees up here. Still another week or 2 up here. I'll post when I am finding them. Of course.....I won't post my areas :D

4. have found the 1st grey's tusc. county, found a bunch of the "dogpeckers" so far, just little ones.

5. I've made 3 good finds in the last 7 days in the Springfield, Ohio area; the last outing on Sunday 4/25 being the best with over 70 sponges both grays and yellows. Actually found more yellows than grays and hit 1 patch of 26 yellows around a big dead elm tree. :D 4/25 was the first day I found any yellows and they weren't the giants, but real nice 3-4''.

The strangest thing - I've found around 150 morels this season, but only 2 spikes :confused: I usually find lots of spikes in these same areas. I'm not complaining because I prefer a sponge.

I'm heading out this afternoon, so I'll have an updated report on Thursday.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

All this mushroom talk has me debating wheather to go out.... I dunno... I did see a tick yesterday while fishing... hmmm

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

My uncle got into a hellagood patch yesterday. He was evennice enough to share with me, my mom, and my grandma. Still had plenty left over for himself. They were greys by the way! I am hoping to get a chance to get out as soon as possible.