close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mushrooms anyone????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bassy, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Bassy

Bassy Bass the other white meat

Anyone finding any morels in Ohio yet, I have been looking everynight for a week with no luck yet, need some rain. TPet, any luck yet? Fishman?
    Bassy

2. Perch

Perch Perch Addict

Going this evening for awhile..................

3. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Not yet man :) Likely go on Friday after this rain today. Good soaker today :D

5. god bassy you still with us??? havent seen you in a few years. glad your kickin and the family is good....husk

6. its to cold to find any now. right?

7. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Just went out for a little in the rain. Didn't find anything but I wasn;t in my best woods yet. I know they are being found. Probably all come on at once when it warms

8. Not really. Granted they will dome on better once the temps rise but I have found them frosted and I have known guys who find them in the snow. It is just not my thing to work that hard for the few that can be found is those less than ideal conditions.

9. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

found a half dozen yesterday evening. very small but it was a start.
    bttmline

10. jfout

jfout 25 lber, I'm gloating

Found 2 Blacks today, on a short hike. Should be getting in full swing here shortly unless these temps. this weekend screw it up.

11. One thing is for sure. We are getting that much needed rain to get them going.:eek:

12. Big Chessie,
    Awesome picture!!!!!!!!!! You have got me fired up now! I have saved some deer steaks just for those big 'shrooms!

13. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

BASSY!!! where the heck you been man!

I've looked for them but not hard, basically just looking while I walk to a fishing spot.

I'll just keep on trollin the boards untill I see the reports flowing in, then I'll go :D Fishin's more important!

14. I found one while fishing a local pond today...will post the picture tomorrow when I can see straight.

15. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

My mouth is watering............
    Went out Thursday night to my private woods, we found none. The woods are too dry. Hopefully they should be up now from the rain. But what about the snow.Will they still pop up in the snow? I'm ready to bundle up and go look for some today.

Mari

16. Heres the first and only of the year. The snake helped my find it, if I didn't see the snake I wouldn't have found the mushroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. did you kill mr. snake?

18. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Found about 30-40 greys this morning.

We went out during the snow...weird. I suppose that the cold weather won't hurt anything. Next week the yellows should be up.

19. It was a catch and release on the snake. There was a much bigger snake right next to it that I saw first which went into the water. I couldn't get a good picture of the bigger one before it went swimming. The pond that this is near has snakes like that all over the place. I wouldn't kill a snake for no reason, if fact ,he helped me out.