close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Multi. species year

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ocdfishguy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. This year I decded I was going to catch as many different species as I can. What I was wandering was how many of the members tryed this? I think this might be a way to learn how to fish a lot of different types of water. What do you think, and how many different types of fish did you catch? I think this may be a interesting discussion.

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

well every year I usualy catch a few different species by "mistake" while bass fishin' like walleyes, crappies and pike. But last year I made a few trips to the Montgomery Dam on the Ohio River. I would use a cast net to gather small shad and with just a small hook and a split shot I caught 7-10 different species in a day.
    Flathead Catfish, Channel Catfish, Hybrid Stripers, White Bass, Sheephead, Smallmouth, Kentucky Bass, Walleye, Sauger, Shortnose Gar and White and Black Crappies. It was amazing how many different species would gather to chow down on the shad.

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Thats one of the things that fasinates me about fishing, you never know what you will catch next.

4. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Like they (who ever the heck "They" are... :D )
    "Variety is the spice of life"
    My goal is to catch every type of fish that there is to catch in the lakes that we fish. I'm not so much interested in the size, I'm more interested in the actual experience of catching a species of fish that I have never caught before.