Ohio Game Fishing banner

Which would you rather take ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:! Would you rather shoot a world class mule deer or a world class whitetail?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mule deer,
Have not got to hunt out west for some years now,Love those Whitetail but a world class mule deer would be Great.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Voted for the muley just because I truely love the area they inhabit !!! I guess I'd really rather just be out in Johnson County, Wyoming hunting mule deer than I would be in Union County, Ohio hunting whitetails. I love my hunting around here & have done pretty darn well, there's just something about being in big sky country with the Remington 30-06 that is even more special. Had a chance to antelope hunt out there and saw some extremely nice mulies while doing so. The next trip (after son's college) will be for both mulies & speed goats.
If anyone needs any info on hunting antelope in Wyoming, pm me & I'll pass on the info that I gathered over the course of a couple years,
Tim

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never hunted out west with the exception of two S. Dakota pheasant trips
but theres just something I like about the make up of our wildlife habitat here.
Thats why I voted for the whitetail. Am I the only person in here thats sick of deer hunting show after deer hunting show taking place in the dust pit they call Texas?

·
Defensor Fortis
4,386 Posts
Am I the only person in here thats sick of deer hunting show after deer hunting show taking place in the dust pit they call Texas?
Let them show Texas all day long. We have quality deer here in our back door. The less publicity we have the better. Texas has a lot of lease property. I would hate to see Ohio go that route. Everyone goes to Illinois, Texas etc. for BIG WT. Unfortunately though the word is getting out and we are getting a lot more property owners leasing now a days instead of the old fashion relationships that we used to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts