close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Muddy lmr question

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crocodile, Jul 1, 2007.

1. How do you guys fish it when it is muddy lures and techniques any info will help? Thanks in advance

Ronnie

2. rat'l trap. It makes a lot of noise and works wonders if you can just bang it through the bottom cover. Since they can't see it, make sure they can hear it. Also, anything that has any scent, ie; gulp worms, stink bait, etc...

-Wags

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Also use black colored baits or other dark colors this will contrast better with muddy water. Try black spinner baits with big willow leaf blades for some flash or multiple colorado blades for vibration. Big baits are good because the muddy water will reduce the profile of the bait making it look smaller. Big and noisy would be a good place to start. S

4. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

I second sevenx's suggestions....Black is a favorite muddy water color. It is alot tougher to fish muddy water but the fish are in more predictable locations. Usually stacked up near the bank in the cover from the high water. My numbers definately drop, but the avg size is usually better in muddy water if you can find em.