Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water was up today only six inches from Friday, but it was the color of peanut butter and looked just as thick. A long drive for nothing. Anybody ever try fishing for bass when it's like this? Catfish and chicken livers when it gets dark, sure, but I never even bother trying for anything else when the water gets like this.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I honestly haven't fished the rivers when the water was that muddy but in the lakes I'll usually throw my biggest brightest spinnerbait with a big bright trailer on it with a trailer hook. It's still a tough bite but it will increase your chances. The key is to be as noticeable as possible. I'm sure the same presentation would work in the river. Maybe not the trailer hook though. That might lead to a lot of snags.

Maybe try a deep diving crank that would drag the bottom and bang into the rocks causing a lot of disturbance.

Like I said though I've never fished the rivers with those conditions. That's just how I would approach it if it were me.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We got the rain Friday night the muddied the river and it usually takes 4 or 5 days of muddy water before they will bite good when it is that way. Try a shallow running crank in chartreuse with lots of rattles. Cast down stream, this allows you to reel it slow and get the most out of your rattles. Or if your in Morrow run over to Todds Fork were it meets the LMR, there is a line were the clear water meets the muddy water from the river. Run a spinnerbait along that line.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I went out with a friend on Saturday morning to a spot in south Lebanon that runs into the LMR and the water there was really muddy also. We tried rattle-traps, a couple different cranks and even the wee-craw lol and didn’t have much luck either……one small sunfish was all we had to show for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts