close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Much rain coming! Will it help?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Clayton, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

I looked at the long term forecast and it looks like rain for much of this weekend and next week. Do you think it'll be enough to wash out the locked up rivers? Pretty please tell me yes? :( I want another try on steelhead :(

2. ok, lets think about this. How much snow do they still have in NEO? How much do you think the rivers will raise if the entire western reserve gets 1/4 of an inch of rain? You will get a huge blow out if they get any significant rain event. We have a winter run fishery they will be there!

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

It might be enough to create some major ice jams and flooding problems.

4. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

that would better than it being solid and unfishable! it might still be unfishable after but it will at least look like water again! haha

5. Some people who live in the flood-way and the flood plain might dissagree with you .. lol..

6. Like Painsville.......

7. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

....and along the Chagrin...

8. There will be something that will be fishable if it gets broken up.

These past few weeks have sucked for me (for fishing). I'm off for 6 weeks with my baby since my wife went back to work. Well, she gets home at 3:30 every day so I could at least get a few hours in each day. I'm getting some serious cabin fever here.

9. Fishaholic69

they shouldn't of moved there then! lmao. I wanna fish and for it to fish the river got to flood 1st. sorry bout the houses. get some flood insurance.. haha. every year seems it floods after it freezes. theres no stopping that vermillion ice jam. always backs it up every year and gives my cousins problems with there trailer down there past the powerlines at that campground cause it floods there always. if you live in those places you already know the risks.

10. My entire family camps there and we have always been alright. we are not right on the river though. This year I am a bit worried as the ice is really thick and alot of it. My camper happens to be at Neff's getting repaired so I am in the clear:)

11. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

I crossed the Hoga this a.m. - it's open...

12. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Woot, I knew it! Too bad I'm down with a cold right now :(

13. Lima Eyecatcher

Lima Eyecatcher Ohiosreelkayakadventures@gmail.com

Anyone have any suggestions for Monday or Wednesday. Im coming up from Lima and usually fish the V but if it is flooded or Frozen Im not sure where to go.

Thanks in advance

Lima Eyecatcher

14. Hey lima, I don't think it will be fishable even if the ice goes away! There is still about 12-14 inches of snow on the ground that still has to get into the river system. And also there is about 10 inches of ice at the mouth of every river that will hinder the thaw also. Best case scenario would be next weekend with muddy water.......But not likely. If you are talking about the V, even longer.

16. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

The key is the lake and it will be locked up for quite sometime now, rain or shine. I sure wouldn't plan on fishing anywhere near Lake Erie thats for sure....And if you do plan on it, in these conditions, be very careful and keep a close watch for ice breaking loose in stampedes! I NEED to get my fix real soon too!

17. We've have been out and about the last week or so and seen more spots with open water then we thought we would considering all the freezing temps. My cousin was up in Avon Lake on Sunday and see guys smacking some steelies where they could find open water.

18. Fishaholic69

ya joe they say they seen ya down there before. they had there trailer flood 2 times I think. they used to be pretty close to the river tho. now they moved farther away.

ya i am jk i don't want anyones house to flood. just wanna fish.