close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mtn stream brookies

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, May 3, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Here are some pictures from brookie fishing around area.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are Seneca Creek area from today.
    [​IMG]

Wild Rainbow caught in the brookie habitat. Very unusual from where it was at.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh Senior Member

How big do they get in West Virginia? They are beautifully colored. Your dog looks like a trouble maker!

3. otis733

otis733 outdoorsman

That appears to be a place you would love to go to even if you don't catch fish!

4. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Yes you right there been days I take a nap or just sit down next to the streams and watch them take the bugs off the surface. Truly wonderful.

5. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Dog is just fine as she like to look at them and enjoy the cold waters. She knows which fish to chase and ones she can't like these wild fish. Very smart!

How big? well I have seen them up to 18 inches or so. My biggest being 16 1/2 male. Some streams the coloring are not as pronounced as other streams though.

6. i read the title and i was jealous before i opened the thread! incredible fish in the best scenery around, excellent post

7. Mark,
    GREAT pics! Thanks for sharing.
    Two weeks ago I was in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia. This year we fished Mossy Creek, but last year it was mountain stream brookies. The fish AND scenery are beautiful.
    Mike

8. pizza

pizza

beautiful pics and gorgeous fish, thanks for sharing.

9. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Will post more whenever I get back out there.
    Mossy Creek Is nice as I have been wanting to go there.

10. Great pics, looks similar to a spot I like over in PA that shall remain unnamed.

J.