close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MRO: Great Service

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Utard, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Utard

Utard

Just thought I'd throw in a plug here for the guys at Mad River Outfitters. (No, I have nothing to gain from this)
    Couple weeks ago I placed an order for a bunch of tying materials and other small purchases (bout $50) online. I hesitated to do this, because I'm always looking for an excuse to go down and mingle in the shop and look at stuff I can only dream of buying. I just didn't have the time to go down, so did it online.

I received the package of stuff 2 or 3 days after I placed the order which was great. I'm extremely happy with the materials I got. They were just what I ordered, no mess ups no gripes. Figured that was end of story, done deal, keep truckin.

1 week later I get a call from my wife, "NOW WHAT DID YOU ORDER FROM THE FLY SHOP?!" I hadn't ordered anything else at all so I told her to open it and see. It was a package of strung marabou that I'd originally ordered. I had totally forgot about it! Not sure why it wasn't in the first package, but I don't really care. Many businesses would've left it as it was especially because I hadn't complained. They caught the mistake (be it a slip up or backorder) and fixed it without me questioning it. Thought that deserved a little applause.
    Go buy something from them. They deserve it!

2. They guys up there have always treated me fair, and my friends also!

3. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Great Guys, great shop, a family owned and operated business, Definatly worth a stop if your in there area. S

4. I thought I read somewhere that Brian had closed the shop and was now just an online shop. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I've been to his shop a couple of times and he had a pretty nice set up.

5. MRO was open when I was in this afternoon.

I doubt they would go internet only, they are definitly a touchy-feely shop.

Had a great time talking with Jim for about a 1/2 hour. Jim is VERY in the know as far as warm water fishing goes and can be a great source of info, suggestions and knows every item in that store.

6. Thanks, glad to hear that they're still open. He has a nice place there.