close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MP3 question

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Timbr, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

I want to create a mp3 cd from my regular wav cds. I have loaded them to my pc but can't burn them in a mp3 format.

Do I need specal software or can windows do this?? I think I might need "ripping" software, but I'm not sure.

Can any one help?

Thanks
    Tim

2. I have not converted CDA formats to MP3 in a long time but the one I remember using was Winamp. From what I remember it was a rather easy step of recording to MP3 format.

I hope this helps.

3. Dingo

Dingo

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

"cdex" is one of the best products out there, at the best price (free). I prefer it over some of my purchased packages due to it's ability to burn multiple tracks from a CD or WAV files into a single MP3.

For purchased products, I use roxio easy CD creator, version 5 or 6. These outdated versions can be found at a low price, and do the job well (not much has changed with MP3s lately). I use roxio to edit the waveforms before converting to MP3 for fades (in/out) and amplification changes. I find that version 5 deluxe is more straightforward and easier to use than versions 6 and 7. More bells and whistles in the later versions makes it harder to do the easy tasks of MP3 -> WAV and simple wave editing.

4. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

search for cdda-xtractor-v0_24 on teh web.........
    if CDex doesnt work for you this one will......... ;)

5. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Thanks,

I'll give them a try.

Tim