close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mozilla fire fox browser

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bubbahunter, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Any one ever use this as their browser? i have heard some good things about it and was thinking of switching from explorer to fire fox. i just want some insight as to how it is working.if you are using it how do you like it good points and bad are welcome.

thanks ,
    Bub

2. bassman23

bassman23 Da Fishpimp

I have been using Mozilla for awhile now and refuse to open IE anymore. Pop ups are a thing of the past, no program for IE worked as well as Mozilla does, and I used quite a few. Tabbed browsing is also a nice feature. Also it is much more secure, no real exploits as of yet. Can't think of any negatives. I would download it and give it a try if I were you, you can always delete it if you don't like it.

bassman23

3. thanks for the info bassman

well i tried it and so far i like what i see.fire fox has some neat features like making the text bigger or smaller,browers tabs and seems to be pretty much strait forward.

4. well i thought i liked it...maybe i still do.

i just tried to get into chat and it wont let me in. it says i need to download plug ins and when i try it says there are no plug ins.any ideas????

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I love firefox, but it isn't the beat-all end-all of browsers. I still have some site problems with it (OGF included). Curse you Bill Gates!

6. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

firefox is way cool. i use it here and at work. be sure to check out the extensions (plug-ins)

bubba, you just need to install java runtime environment JRE

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

should be good to go.....

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

firefox is awesome. heck with internet explorer, way to many pop ups

8. so far this thing is really cool.i`ll try to do the jave thing tomorrow and with any luck that will fix my problem. ok now that i looked at it how do i know what to install it all looks the same to me... this is what i`m lookin at.aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

ava(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2_06

Windows Platform
    Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language (j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p.exe, 14.96 MB) Download Now!
    Windows Installation, Multi-language (j2re-1_4_2_06-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe, 1.35 MB) Download Now!
    Linux Platform
    RPM in self-extracting file (j2re-1_4_2_06-linux-i586-rpm.bin, 13.24 MB) Download Now!
    self-extracting file (j2re-1_4_2_06-linux-i586.bin, 13.73 MB) Download Now!
    Solaris SPARC Platform
    32-bit self extracting file (j2re-1_4_2_06-solaris-sparc.sh, 14.08 MB) Download Now!
    64-bit self extracting file (j2re-1_4_2_06-solaris-sparcv9.sh, 4.47 MB) Download Now!
    Solaris x86 Platform
    self-extracting file (j2re-1_4_2_06-solaris-i586.sh, 12.48 MB)

9. I've been using Mozilla for over a year, and IMHO, it is far superior to IE. I've also used Firefox and think it is great, too.

Scott

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I downloaded it, tried it for two days and deleted it..I dont like change..LOL

11. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

Bubba - this one

also check under Tools>Options>Web Features> Enable Java's are checked...

you can get this at download.com too....if thats easier

Attached Files:

12. Thanks i just did the one you told me and BAM i`m back in the game baby wooo hooo.

thank you for the help.

Bub

13. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i havn't used fire fox...i'm going to very soon, you don't have to worry about viruses and hackers as much because most people use IE therefore thats what most of them are targeting for, its ALOT more secure and from all the people i know that have it, they love it.