close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mowing the lawn

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Apr 6, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My yard is lookin like shag...I'm gonna mow it for the first time this year here in a bit. I was so excited for ice out that I totally forgot that with spring time fishing, comes LAWN MOWING :mad:

2. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Hey Shake, I already bet you to that, did mine last Saturday. It is that time of year.........Stretch

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have mowed mine twice already, cuts into the fishing time :mad:

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

If you fellas would just not fertilize your lawns.....you wouldn't have to mow ALL YEAR LONG!!! :D

5. catking

catking Banned

I'm going to mow mine tonight. Who remembers last year? Twice a week and it still grew fast. The lawns stayed green the whole year :eek: Heck, mine was green in December :confused: I think I'll hire a neighborhood kid, if I lived in a freakin neighborhood :D DA KING !!!

6. Man you guys are either way too anxious or just have healthy lawns. I look at mine and say it can wait for a while...at least until I get to go fishing for the first time of the year.;)

7. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

My yard gets plenty of fertilizer from my dogs, and every other dog within a country mile :rolleyes: But it is nice and green ;) .....Stretch

8. Too wet to mow but I can hear it growing all night. Enough mud to require washing the dogs legs and tummy each time I bring them back in. To top it off, they found something dead to roll in. Required a complete wash with deodorant soap. Put the hose down and one of them kicked the nozzle trigger spraying me, then the reloaders, then the workbench. I swear those two (Daisy and Penney) were laughing. Only took a total of two hours to clean up the dogs, the mess and then me. Wanted to go fishing and should have except it is the Warden's 29th(heh,heh)(yuk,yuk) birthday and I un-shell-fish-ly (and wisely decided to stay home. Hope to hit the Chagrin tomorrow.

9. I did the fertilizer one time on my lawn. I will never make that mistake again. I think I mowed every 4 days throughout the whole summer and still has clumps half of the time. Now it is weed killer only.;)

10. ShakeDown

I jacked mine up with fert last year. Had a couple beers, and was walking the spreader. Didn't realize that I had hit the lever that opens the spillway, until I made a couple of passes...put WAY too much on, fried some pretty cool patterns into the grass :mad:

11. :D That is hilarious Shortdrift. But mostly because I can really relate to that one. I have a dog and she likes to put me through much of the same misery. Fortunately though I have not topped your reloader story.:D

12. catking

catking Banned

I took bkr's idea. I took one look at mineand thought why rush a good thing :confused: It will wait until tomorrow :) CATKING !!!

13. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

Man I pulled a boner last year. I decided that to help me stay in shape and maybe lose a little weight I would use the push mower all year. Boy did I pick the wrong year to do that. I was mowing every week right up into November - and oh yea, I have to mow all most 2 acres. I'm gettin to old for that kind of crap. It also really cut into my fishin time. I think I will compromise a little this year. :D

14. ShakeDown

2 acres with a push mower? YOU ARE THE KING! You'd laugh and slap me if you saw the 1/1000th of an acre I mow with a tractor. It actually takes me longer than before I got it, and I still push mow the edges. but MAN what difference in the cut.