Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My yard is lookin like shag...I'm gonna mow it for the first time this year here in a bit. I was so excited for ice out that I totally forgot that with spring time fishing, comes LAWN MOWING :mad:

·
Wishin I was fishin
1,063 Posts
Hey Shake, I already bet you to that, did mine last Saturday. It is that time of year.........Stretch

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
If you fellas would just not fertilize your lawns.....you wouldn't have to mow ALL YEAR LONG!!! :D

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
I'm going to mow mine tonight. Who remembers last year? Twice a week and it still grew fast. The lawns stayed green the whole year :eek: Heck, mine was green in December :confused: I think I'll hire a neighborhood kid, if I lived in a freakin neighborhood :D DA KING !!!

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Man you guys are either way too anxious or just have healthy lawns. I look at mine and say it can wait for a while...at least until I get to go fishing for the first time of the year.;)

·
Wishin I was fishin
1,063 Posts
My yard gets plenty of fertilizer from my dogs, and every other dog within a country mile :rolleyes: But it is nice and green ;) .....Stretch

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Too wet to mow but I can hear it growing all night. Enough mud to require washing the dogs legs and tummy each time I bring them back in. To top it off, they found something dead to roll in. Required a complete wash with deodorant soap. Put the hose down and one of them kicked the nozzle trigger spraying me, then the reloaders, then the workbench. I swear those two (Daisy and Penney) were laughing. Only took a total of two hours to clean up the dogs, the mess and then me. Wanted to go fishing and should have except it is the Warden's 29th(heh,heh)(yuk,yuk) birthday and I un-shell-fish-ly (and wisely decided to stay home. Hope to hit the Chagrin tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
I did the fertilizer one time on my lawn. I will never make that mistake again. I think I mowed every 4 days throughout the whole summer and still has clumps half of the time. Now it is weed killer only.;)

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I jacked mine up with fert last year. Had a couple beers, and was walking the spreader. Didn't realize that I had hit the lever that opens the spillway, until I made a couple of passes...put WAY too much on, fried some pretty cool patterns into the grass :mad:

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
:D That is hilarious Shortdrift. But mostly because I can really relate to that one. I have a dog and she likes to put me through much of the same misery. Fortunately though I have not topped your reloader story.:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man I pulled a boner last year. I decided that to help me stay in shape and maybe lose a little weight I would use the push mower all year. Boy did I pick the wrong year to do that. I was mowing every week right up into November - and oh yea, I have to mow all most 2 acres. I'm gettin to old for that kind of crap. It also really cut into my fishin time. I think I will compromise a little this year. :D

·
Administrator
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 acres with a push mower? YOU ARE THE KING! You'd laugh and slap me if you saw the 1/1000th of an acre I mow with a tractor. It actually takes me longer than before I got it, and I still push mow the edges. but MAN what difference in the cut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts