close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mowhawk Dam

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Riverman, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Riverman

Riverman Banned

Two weeks ago my son and I fished from Mowhawk Dam wall on the lower side. The water was low but we managed to pull out 3 - 15" smallies and 1 -17" sauger in 2 hours of fishing. We were using creek chubs, hook and split shot. We used BulletBobbers to keep chubs out in the deep hole near the end of the center divider at the dam. I used a SmartCast wrist watch fish finder to locate the fish and the deep spots. I also used an XLarge BulletBobber to tow the SmartCast and do a good survey of the bottom.

It is always a good day when you can fish with your son and he catches a couple nice fish. We also fished Salt Fork spillway and the Kokosing the same day but Mowhawk damn was the best. Too bad I forgot to take the camera.

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Sounds like you had a great time with your son, that's much more important than catching fish. Smart thinking using that Smartcast that way, you're teaching the young man some neat little tricks...hope he's paying attention.

3. Riverman

Riverman Banned

He's 22 but he's still my son and we did have a good time.