close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moving and Getting Married

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Well the landlord decided not to let us go month to month anymore. Was waiting till summer to buy a house and bam we got to sign another year lease :mad: We actually found out that the Old Hilliard Commision will not approve the plans they had for the property infont of us so they are going to tear this place down. Good news is im moving back up to where I had lived for 8 years or so. Smokey and Hard rd. Be close to all my favorite fishin holes, when i can fish :(

As of the 14th of Febuary Ill be officially married. Never thought I would do it, but I finally found the woman I cant live without :D

And just to give a back update, it sucks so bad. Ive got no nerve pain, so surgery was a total success. But man this back pain is something that is out of control. They have me on such strong doses of pain meds that I still cant drive :mad: and probably wont be able to untill April :mad:

2. Has your landlord treated you well? I do not believe they can change your original lease unless there was no claus for month to month after the first year but if it has been agreed on to allow month to month the landlord cannot change what has been accepted as ok in the past. If a landlord accepts late rent from a tenant a few times the landlord will have a heck of a time evicting for late rent etc. I know on all of our leases it is 1 year and monthly after that. Unless someone is being evicted they can only be asked to leave. Alot of renters assume that the letter asking them to leave the premises with in the week is an eviction while its actually a just a personal request. If you do not want to leave I would talk to an attorney about your rights as a tennant as they are alot better than the rights us landlords have. If you have no problem with leaving ignore everything I just said. And have fun house shopping.

Scott

3. catking

catking Banned

First of all , congratulations on the marriage . And the back will come around ;) . You had major surgery and this is gonna take alot of time. But you already know that :) .GOOD LUCK !!!! THE CATKING !!! ~**~

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heyy dood..she's definitely a keeper.. congrats to you.. :)

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Definately congrats on the marriage! :) What a wonderful day to do it too!

Hope your back continues to get better

6. does your girlfriend know you're getting married?

7. Damn I knew someone was going to blow the secret :D :D :D

As far as the lease this place is a total hell hole. We are getting 3 times the space for 100 more a month, and a fire place with a cord of wood being delevired saturday. WE CANT WAIT!!!!!

Ill post the wedding pic after the big day.

8. sounds like a good deal on the new place.

ps: she's to good for you.

9. And he just dont stop :rolleyes: Could someone be jealous of that canoe trip :eek: :D :cool:

10. yes i am - she caught the biggest fish.

11. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Dont know your exact situation but have you considered buying a place maybe out of town i know my mortage is only $150 more a month than i was paying in rent just food for though some people dont realize how easy it is to own vs renting...i just wish i would have bought a house 2-3 years sooner instead of paying my landlords bills for 5 years

12. 2Tall

I am in fact a mortgage broker. You are correct 100%. But the wife had some problems with the divorce that are keeping us from buying a home. We were going to in July, but our richard noggin landlords wouldnt renew our lease, so we had to move.