close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Movie Downloading Thread -

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catking, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys and Gals- The downloading movies thread was removed to be viewed. The way it looks is this is probably illegal to do, and thus has no business being discussed on this site. If I'm wrong, the thread will be put back up. Hopefully it is legal , as we would HOPE members wouldn't start a thread that is about illegal actions . Thanks all................ CK

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I agree with pulling it. But then again.......when am I ever right around here ;) :D

3. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

I am probably the only member who has more than half of their posts pulled. It is legal at certain sites. I was wanting to know which LEGAL sites were free. But don't bother putting it back up I will get my info somewhere else. And I can't believe you would think I would put something illegal on here Rick, c'mon you know me a little better than that I thought. I would never be dumb enough to put something illegal on the internet.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I may be wrong here but i don't believe that the lawyers and music and movie industries believe that you can give away any thing you have free. I always thought the way it works is if i have said movie and download it to my computer then let one of you copy it using one of these internet sharing sites. We are both in violation of copyright infringement because someone just got a movie for free and they lost money on the sell. I thought thats what all these people that got busted for downloading songs and movies are being busted for. Not reselling them just copying them with out permission.

5. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

You show me one person who has got busted. Well, all I got to say is they better build bigger and more prisons. Because more than half the world uses these sites. Answer me this. What is the point of a DVD burner on a computer? I guess everyone who has one is breaking the law. Almost all new computers have one. I guess every computer add is promoting illegal activity???? And I will also say this, I would bet my bottom dollar that over 75% of the people on this site have something that has been burned, either by themselves or by someone else. I guess we are all a bunch of law breakers. I would even bet the number is higher than 75%. The day I get in trouble for burning something with my computer I bought that came with burners in it, is the day I become a rich man from a lawsuit.

6. catlover

catlover Banned

Back when they had the big napster shakedown a few years ago, they were doing just that in Europe. I don't mean Eastern Europe, either. In the Netherlands and other places they were tracking napster downloads. Then they were kicking the doors in and making arrests along with seizing every computer related item in the house. Just like midnite FBI drug busts in the 60's they also gave a few old folks heart attacks by going to the wrong house.
    Just because you can do it doesn't mean that it's legal or ethical.

7. catking

catking Banned

Come on Lee, I wasn't singleing you out about the posting of illegal activities. I posted that before checking up so you all knew where the thread went. As it turns out, this is HIGHLY illegal, and this site could be named in a lawsuit if we allow these types of links to be posted. It's not your arse that would be in a sling , it would be mine and the rest of the owners ;) . The movie industry is taking this very serious. Lee, you said you wouldn't put anything on this site that was illegal? As far as I know, downloading movies is not legal ? I appologize if you took this as a direct hit towards you, and you are right about one thing, you ought to know me better than that ;) ............. Rick.........

8. catking

catking Banned

I have been told that what was posted by Lee could be legal. But this is a very grey area . It would only take one link that is illegal to put the site in harms way. Hey guys and gals , I'm not a lawyer , but I see this type of thing on the news all the time , and like a few members said, it is better safe than sorry . It is sorta like the gun issues we have. We just don't want to mess with the liability issues involved with them . We hope you all can see our point of view. There are not many topics that we ban on this site, in fact just a couple , so I hope you all see us as being fair..... Rick