close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mounting fishfinder onto fiberglass bass boat?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stratosboats, May 12, 2008.

1. I was just throwing this question out to get some opinions on what the best way to mount my fishfinder swivel bracket onto my fiberglass boat. I am putting it kinda next to the concil more in front of where my grab rail on the side is. I just do not want to mess it up drilling through. I have heard put tape down first and drill slow. Also to mount my gps
    i heard in another posting I had to velcro it so I do not have to drill holes for it.

2. If you are going to be in any ruff water I would drill and bolt it ,, double sided tape will work if you don't bump it or get in any ruff water

3. Drill the holes...it can't get knocked in the water if it's bolted down! If you use sharp bits and a variable speed drill you will be fine. Just take some extra time and mark the holes so you know they are right. Also might check to see if it's a location where you can get a bolt on the screw from the inside???

If not use self tapping screws adn drill the hole 2-3 sizes under to get a good grip.

4. If you are totally against drilling holes maybe there is a way to use a high a (or a couple) of high powered suction cups? Just a thought....