close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motorguide directional indicator

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by HawgHunter, May 19, 2008.

1. I am using a Motorguide 767 trolling motor which I purchased last year from BassPro. I noticed on a recent fishing trip that the directional indicator is 90 degrees off. It points to the right when the motor is running straight. Not a big problem but something I would like to correct if it is a simple fix. I looked in the guide book that came with the motor but it says nothing about making adjustments. I thought I could just pop the top off and turn it and snap it back down but it does not come off easily or have any type of tab to push to get it off. I am obviously reluctant to pry it up and will leave it as is if noone here knows for sure how to adjust it.

Scott

2. Just turn it by hand. It should turn easily.

3. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

On my MotorGuide there are two ways to do this.
    1. Take the entire top off (3 screws for mine) and rotate it after you get it off. Unless the design of yours is severely different than mine, the arrow will come with the top instead of staying on the gear.

2. Mine is easily turned by hand because the splines are already worn off. If yours isn't easy to turn by hand now, don't turn it without taking the top off.

Hopefully your motor is designed a lot like mine so that these make sense.

4. Sorry it took so long to respond but I was able to just turn it by hand without opening the top. It did not turn easily but also didnt take so much force that I thought I would break it. Thanks for your help

Scott