close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

MOTOR pROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by MISSDAWGLADY, May 11, 2005.

1. I have a 9.9 Yamaha. We put boat in water at docks at mosquito last Fri ran ok. Went up to go out today and it started up and ran real ruff and died and then wouldn't start. I have new gas and primer ball is full took line off to motor and got air out but still won.t start I was going to change the connectors that go on engine and gas tank does anyone know if that could help? Or anyone got any ideas what could be wrong?

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'll ask the obvious question. Is the choke on? Maybe someone was screwing around with it and left it in the on position.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

When was the last time you replaced the spark plugs? My Honda did the same thing. i replaced the plugs. Filled with fresh gas and walla! Much better performance. It was a simple fix, I suggest you start there.

4. There could be water in the gas. You might have to drain the float bowl on the carb. Maybe Gas

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

when you replace plugs always use some dielectric grease or a spark plug "boot" grease on your plugs to keep the spark plug wires connectors free of corroison. also chheck to see if yours is corroded. it's also a good idea to use the dielectric grease on all electrical connectors,especially over the winter months.i use it on all my electronic connections to prevent corrosion. they now even sell light bulb grease.

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Does the motor have a kill switch. Thats one of the simplest and most over looked things.

7. I added an in-line fuel filter to stop small particles and view the fuel as it runs through the lines. Works great. Run out of gas this afternoon. Looked at the filter and saw immediatley the problem.

8. Thanks everyone I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will let you know when I find the problem
    Everyone have a nice fishing weekend I got to work

9. WELCOME ABOARD MISSDAWGLADY [​IMG]

Let us know what you find out...