close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motor Problems

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by fishnguy, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to take your boat & motor to be checked out and probably made repairs on. Keep in mind i live in canton so anything close would be great.

Any info would be apprectiated. (Phone nUmbers)

2. should put this in boat and motor forum

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

what make,model,and year is the motor? and could you be more specific on the problem with the motor. With this info we can give you a better idea of where to take it.

flash-------------------------out

4. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Fishnguy. You can check with Lock four Marina on Massilon RD. almost due west of Akron Canton Airport. My buddy has taken his boat there and the guy has done a good job. He's near the intersection of MT. Pleasant RD. also.

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Lock 4 is great, but I think he will only service Mercs.

6. I Took My Boat To Lock 4 One Time...he Had It For 4 Weeks And Didnt Even Look At It..i Went In Got It And Took It Somewhere Else...i Never Asked Him For An Excuse..when I Called Every Week He Told Me It Would Be Done Next Wekk.never Again.

7. Im not sure whats wrong with the motor. Its a 30hp, 99 Evinrude, its been used probably 10 times and has sat for a couple years without use. I tried starting it up last year and it would idle but as soon as i threw it in gear it would die on me. I just want to take it somewhere and have them make sure everything is hooked up correctly so i can finally fish out of my boat.

8. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Clean the carbs, check the spark plugs, and check the primer bulb. Use fresh gas also. This will probably take care of the problem since it has sat so long.

9. I just took a 9.9 to Gaylord Adams in youngstown. He gave me a heck of deal on virtually a complete rebuild from scratch. He is on rt 7 just north of rt 80

10. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

there's a new service place over on promler or promway. i'm in canton too. the guy just started up recently, i believe he came down from Avalon boats, up toward Medina. my dad takes his 21 century merc i/o to him for just about everything and he is pleased with his work and his prices and turnaround time. i'm taking a 9.5 johnson in for a tuneup and water pump to him.

i will get the proper info as to where he is and what the place is called and post it later.... at work now..... ;)

11. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

o.k. got it........

starboard marine

promler road

matt fockler - owner/operator

email = boatingmatt at sbcglobal dot net

sorry thats all i got ..... (nice and close though)

edit: changed his email so crawlers dont pick it up

12. Thanks for the info buddy.

13. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

another thing to always check : look at the spark plug boots. over time the connection will become corroded causing poor spark quality.