close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Motor parts?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Snobal, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Does anyone know where I might be able to find older motor parts? I have a 1970 Wards Sea King 35hp. The crankshaft broke :eek: about 2 yrs ago. Looking for crank, flywheel, coils (if you want to call them that - they sit under the flywheel), possibly more. I haven't looked at it in a while. I hate to get rid of it if I don't have to. It ran good and I had just rebuilt the lower unit. Thanks for any help!

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I used to have a sea king 5hp. Knox marina hooked me up with parts i cant remember but cross refrenced them with johnson i believe. It was either johnson or evinrude that made them i think. Someone else on here should know that answer for sure.

3. You can get all your parts at NAPAand CARQUEST auto parts stores. Good Fishin Fishguy

4. Fish4fun - The Sea Kings were made by Chrysler but I haven't been able to find anything comparable that was made for Wards. They all seem to be 10hp or less. I think I have one of the lonely survivors. I also have a 50 or 55hp in my dad's garage (provided he hasn't gotten rid of it yet) for parts but it is newer and they won't interchange.

Thanks FISHGUY! I will give them a try.

If anyone else has suggestions please post just in case. Can never have too many parts suppliers! :D

5. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

Snobal- there is a guy in Massillon that sells chrysler outboard parts- I don't remember his name , but call John Phillips @ JP Service in Uhrichsville, Ohio area, he knows his name and number- John's number is-(740)-922-0483. 'Rude Dog.

6. Well, I tried NAPA and CarQuest to no avail. They can't get internal engine parts. Only the gaskets, impellers, points, etc.

I did get some good news. Took the 35 and the 55 to Maston's Marine yesterday and was told that the parts will interchange! Much to my surprise since the motors have different ignition systems. This will also give my 35 an alternator whch I thought it already had.

Bad news to go along with it. About $800 for him to fix it using the 55 for parts.

Can anyone tell me if this is a potential DIY job? Work on cars a lot but never much into the outboards or 2 cycles. I rebuilt the lower unit myself but I can't see that being any comparison to a crank.