Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Thinking of making trip to Bula next weekend. Never fished that far East. I think we may stay at Edge-o-Town motel. I am concerned though as internet pick shows boat parking may be a struggle?
I'm bling here and any help/insight on this or other motel would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!

·
bigraysr
95 Posts
It's not that bad to park there. When you pull in,pull over and check in and he will ask you if you have a boat and come out to show you where to park. Exit rte 11 to rte 20. at red lite make left across bridge and you will see Mcdonalds on left. Rite on other side of Mcd's is motel. Bigraysr

·
Registered
418 Posts
lookup sunset motel just on the pa border - fish cleaning, more than ample parking plus place to plug in, cheap , and clean. they even have 3 individual beds in some rooms. i think around $60 per night.. good ownership

·
Registered
342 Posts
There was 3 boats there when we stayed there, no problem parking the boat.

·
Boatless
914 Posts
I have been there a few times. Never been a problem to park a rig. They will even bring out a cord to plug in your boat if you need it. Nice people.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
it is the edge o town hotel in the middle of town!!!! nice place guy runs it and stays there to I think. I have a 24 hydra sport walk around with a hard top and f 350 crew cab dually we stayed there no issue with parking or getting around lot, easy on and off the highway ,speedway and sheetz are across the street,and lakeshore is not far easy drive out of bula.but like frank said I hear sunset is nice.KPI

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I liked being right in town at the edge-o-town. I was up there with big Johnson and kpi. Both had their rigs parked next to each other without issue. Fuel and ice right across the street. Place was fine. Ran electric cord for big al. Best of all it is a very short jog to lakeshore. Go to briquettes smokehouse just past drawbridge and marina Dr on left. Good BBQ. Just make sure to ask where sauce table is to try their sauces. I hear they make pretty mean fuzzy navels and screwdrivers. I would not know. I am more of a real man than that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
418 Posts
I second the BBQ excellent food and for the record I drank a beer.. Also make sure you complete any phone calls prior.. Did you notice the fuzzy fan wouldn't walk outside with it when he had to make a call.. Edge is ok with me they also have a 3 bed room and the 3rd bed is in a separate room which helps a little if you have a snorer on board.

I forgot to mention the thing about sunset also makes it nice was she has boat parking so we would leave the boat there weeks at a time. It was free with I think a few stays for the year.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Bret,
I had the pulled pork. Ken and Al shared the pizza. All in all you can't go wrong with either from how those guys talked about it all night!!
I have never stayed at Sunset but I have heard the same thing as JD. It is a pretty nice set up but EOT is pretty close to downtown and food and other fishing amenities.
Sunset, again I hear is nice but not sure what all is around there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts