close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

moss

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Cat Man, Jul 26, 2007.

1. what to do when the pond is covered in moss

2. Yeah, that's tough. All I do is run a rubber frog across the top, and usually a bass with inhale it through the moss. (You can find the frogs at walmart) Or, try throwing out a rubber worm, w/ no weight, and dragging it across.

3. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I'm glad that this was posted because I just got back from AEP and several great looking ponds were infested with moss. Unfortunately, I dont have a hollow rubber frog.... but I'll invest in one before the next trip.

I had one nice 3lb LM Bass that came out of the moss and blew up my Mepps Aglia dressed rooster tail fished just sub-surface.

4. Find another place to fish ! The frustration ain't worth it.

5. i was pulling a rubber frog across and caught a total of nine 5 and 6 pound bass that came up through the moss, but i didn't know if i was lucky or there was a beter way to do it.

6. just kidding. the scum frogs you get a walmart for like 2 bucks work great ive caught quite a few nice bass this year on them ! not to get off the subject of moss but i have caught some of my biggest bass with a 3/8 to 1/2 oz strike king skirted jig in green with an added rattle and uncle josh green pork frog trailer! pond bass SMASH this setup!:B[​IMG][​IMG]