Ohio Game Fishing banner

Mosquitto Left To Die

6K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  brad crappie 
#1 ·
Fished the 305 boat ramp on the south end walked out 300 yards to this ...Big Pile of Blue Gills left on the ice to just DIE....Asked the guys around who left the fish there NO ONE KNOWS ....WELL SOME ASS ...NEEDS TO LOOSE THIER FISHING PRIVLIGES IT DISSGUST ME AND MANY OTHES WHO SAW IT....

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
They might have had a limit of 50 and , not reaching it, left what fish they had caught right there. Since they were frozen, I'd have scarfed every one of them. Still brings into question the character of the jerks who left them there!

#16 ·
I think a lot of the people go out and catch more fish than they want to clean. they just pick through their catch and just take what they want to clean, its called being greedy and lazy at the same time. as far the herons eating them for some reason they wont eat a dead fish,the gulls just pick their eyes out and leave the rest. its still a shame

#20 ·
man there sure is a bunch of a holes out using our outdoors. some yrs back i was at a friends house when his cousin came by and gave them some rabbits. after he left my friend told me that most times he would shoot them and leave them lay. turned me against his cousin from that day on. just to many people that don't respect the game we try so hard to preserve for everybody. makes me sick.
sherman

#23 ·
Had some yo-yo approach me some time ago, while crappie fishing the causeway at mosquito, offering a limit of Lake Erie perch he had caught earlier in the day. I declined, not knowing how they were handled,size, or how long ago they were caught. He was mad, and stated “I can’t believe I can’t give these away”. Why keep them if you don’t want them, and I am perfectly able to catch my own fish.

#24 ·
Had a guy from work go to Erie Western Basin abt 40 years ago. He and friends caught half a large cooler of perch on Sunday, brought them to work heavily iced next day in back of his truck. Asked me if I wanted them? Said I had take the cooler and bring it back empty! Figured it was mostly ice on top of a few fish but took it home. After dinner, I opened it up. There had to be a couple HUNDRED under all that ice-ALL 6" er's which was the norm for the WB back then! I cleaned them til my fingers bled, took them next door, offered the cooler to a neighbor. He said he'd clean what he wanted and pass them on to his neighbor and so on. After abt five stops, someone brought me the cooler back empty! At least they didn't go in the garbage and several families had "fish chips" for dinner!

#25 ·
Its just a waste in my book. I've seen tons of dink gills on the ice before and I think it's from the misconception that if they kill the dink gills you'll get bigger gills. I view it the same as the guys on Erie that kill every Sheepshead that they catch. I'm a firm believer in don't kill it if you are not going to eat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.