close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquitoes Were Bad Tonight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishing_marshall, Sep 4, 2007.

1. I fished the Tuscarawas River tonight for smallmouth and the mosquitoes were horrible. Luckily I had a can of Off with me, but halfway through the trip I had to go back to the jeep and spray myself again. I did catch a fat 14in smallie and some rockbass, so it was worth it.

2. I don't know if it was the rain or the heat that got them started. You can't go out of the house they are so bad right now , it dosen't matter what time of day . We had no problems all summer and just in the past week they have come out. I wore long sleeves and a "jungle" hat last night to run the bird dog. They were buzzing around my head and landing on the net and it was driving me crazy even though I wasn't getting bit. I put a little Deep woods formula on the top of the hat and that helped.

3. I ran the fogger twice this weekend and that ALWAYS knocks them back, not this time. Even after fogging and getting sprayed down it is still miserable outside. If they don't get better it is gonna suck the first few weeks of bow season.

4. So far i have only gotten bit once this year and that was on saturday. But i killed a ton b4 they could get me.

5. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

They are bad, so far the count on my legs is 15 bites, and I spray myself!! So I'm itching like crazy and they turn into hugh welts. All I have to do is step outside and they are on me. WB

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

They are incredibly bad at my house too. I mowed Sunday afternoon and about got picked up and carried away in the middle of a sunny afternoon. And of course a few have managed to get into the house - nothing like that bzzzzzzzzzzzt in your ear as you're about to doze off.....

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

tonite got bqck from fishing and they were bad wonder wat there deal is ;)

8. Same here, I was working in the garage and got chewed up! I hate to say this because I know there good for something, but I would like to wipe them off the face of the Earth! Good thing for me is when they bite I only itch for about 20-30 min's then nothing.