close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by IFish4WallI, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Hey Guys, where are the Mosquito reports: Deep/Shallow, Live Bait/Cranks, Fast/Slow, North/South, East/West ? What is going on out there? My guess is the shallow bite is long gone. How about some clues.

2. I was out there two weeks ago. really weed-choked. first morning we flatlined for a few hours. hard to keep lures clean. managed a 4# largemouth on a renowksy mirror image. other than that nada. next night we hung giant sardines under giant bobbers in the weeds looking for flatheads. not a bite, although there was surface spashing going on. we probably were too shallow. camper next to us was catfishin that night too. he didn't get anything. I'd stay on the deep side of the first dropoff towards the middle of the lake and vertical jig for eyes with some meat. If all else fails, look for a crowd.

Good luck. MikeC

3. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Last week the report was to fish 6 to 8feet deep on the outside edge of the weedline. Also fish jig and worm in the weed pockets. Bottom bouncers and harnesses took fish in 18ft. This was from the beginning of last week. Hopefully, the fish haven't moved. You can check with the causeway baitshop for an up to date report.

4. Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try today and/or tomorrow then post results. I agree with the lake being weed choked, but I have a bigger problem with all the slimy moss all over the shallow weeds. I guess the lack of rain and low water level has that effect on weeds. Does anyone know where there are good (no slimy moss) weeds?

5. TMK

TMK

Got two nice eye's and lost another eye at the boat this morning at Mosquito.

Also caught four channel cats.

Fished the weed edges with jig and 1/2 a crawler. All of the action ended by 0730. Plus the wind really picked up making boat control nearly impossible.

Marked a TON of fish on stumps in around 16 fow on the way back to the launch ramp. Made two passes over them trolling hot'n tots. Not a hit. Also tried vertical jigging a crawler in their face. Still no takers.....

Hitting that area earlier may have paid off.

Anyone getting out, check the stumps in 16-18 fow about 1/2 - 3/4 mile south of the causeway.

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

We fished Saturday morning and again Saturday evening with a total catch of one 14" crappie on a jig/worm. Missed a few short bites on jigs. Troll bite was non-existant with a ton of weeds all chopped up thru the lake. Very few boats out Saturday and we didn't see anyone catch a thing.

7. About time to get out there on the mornings with the coldest nights. Dims and slows the sun rise because of the steam. Fish tend to bite longest then. Might try trollin the next lunar phase over the open water first though!

8. [​IMG]26IN HOT N TOT FISH OUT OF DEEP WATER LAST YEAR. 1/2OZ CHROME AND BLUE.

9. Went out last weekend, got some crappie, gills and perch, no walleyes. Fished the weed edges. This is the time to fish the weed edges at night though, get them everytime this time of year.

Rich

10. I went last week and we only picked up one 18" eye drifting a crawler harness in 9ft on the outside of the weed bed by the beach. Caught lots of perch, sunfish, gills, and one nice channel cat.

11. TMK

TMK

:S No luck at mosquito this morning.

Fished the weeds, vertical jigged and trolled!

12. Coekrych

Coekrych Badass

How are the bass? Goin next weekend any tips how the morning bite