Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing any good out there right now been quiet lately?Thinking of maybe taking the boat up Thursday or fishing causeway from shore at night. Looking for eyes and crappies!

Thanks
EA51

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
138 Posts
was up their saturday for about 5 hours causeway was dead only 5 people, and only saw 4 catches dunno what they were was too dark and i was too cold to go find out. im hoping the causeway will start getting hot, but i never fished there in the fall so have no idea anyone else wanna chime in?

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'll be out there Friday and Saturday for some bass though. Probably just flippin some lay downs and such.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When are you planning on heading out Friday? Looked at the weather and it's supposed to rain tomorrow and be decent Friday so might go Friday? Also what do you fish out of it would be nice to put a face to you because we both seem to fish the rock quite a bit.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well I won't be out till 6pm Friday so I probably won't fish. Then Saturday I'll be out all day. But I'll be fishing out of a camo painted 14' fiberglass w/ bow Mount trolling motor. I'll be on the northwest end. I'm a younger guy 25.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
The crappie bite has been good for me all season. Not catching limits but the quality of fish is very good. Off shore brushpiles are producing all my fish.

·
Registered
428 Posts
chaunc
what presentation has been working for you? we used to do good on tube jigs in the fall on wood on the shallow side of drop offs. haven't done that in a few years tho. would love to get out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
chaunc
what presentation has been working for you? we used to do good on tube jigs in the fall on wood on the shallow side of drop offs. haven't done that in a few years tho. would love to get out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Jig and nibble, tightline, drifting the stumps. Been posting it all season. They're not on every stump but when you find them, there may be a lot of em . Fish it and move on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Im a fan of night fishing for crappie. Anyone been out lately? Been gettin chilly at night

Sent from my N861 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone been fishing mosquito recently?
Looking to caught a few crappies before winter hits

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Ya the crappie are deeper, I would start looking in the old channel in 12 to 14 feet and even 16 feet. There are nice fish along the causeway along with walleye.:)

Sent from my HTCONE using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
160 Posts
You been drifting the channel or using lead core line
What's the approach and presentation being used ?
Thanks for the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts