close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mosquito

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peple of the perch, Jan 25, 2005.

1. going to squito saterday anyone else going. what do i want to use for eyes and crappies. and where any information would be greatly appreciated

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I suggest the roadbed by the cemetary because
    1) The ice seems to be good there
    2) There will be other people there in case you do find bad ice
    3) Fish should be there
    The couple eyes I hooked on Sunday took the lures while I worked them fairly aggressively. I like Do Jiggers and Swedish Pimples with minnow head or whole minnow, Rapala balanced jigging lures with minnow head on the treble, Whistle Jigs with whole minnow.

I haven't figured out the 'squito crappie through the ice yet.

I also like the Housel Craft road area, but I'm not sure what the parking situation is this year. It was getting a little ugly with property owners and the snow plow last year. I didn't (or couldn't) see anyone on the ice in that area as I drove across the causeway Sunday afternoon and I don't know ice conditions.

3. Headed Out Tommorrow Morning. Ill Let Ya Know If I Do Any Good! Thanks For The Info,ive Been Keeping Minnows Alive For A Week Or So Now I Get To Use Them. :) Jig

4. hanks for the info and good luck.

also if u go to ohfishing.com under the ice fishing form they do tell u a little about how to catch creppies and a little further down on the forms their is one that tells u what bait shop to go to. because their is a old lady that counts the minnows one at a time and they say she still gives a bad count. also their is a place called one stop bait shop. they have a nice little tackle store. and their maggets and wax worm prices r very cheap. but i dont know the price on minnies. but i hear good things about the people. the one stop bait shop is reight by the entrance to ladue

5. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

one stop is the place to go. Jim Tunder is the owner and he will hook you up. Lures, bait, and the latest info. Better call before you go because I can't remember his winter hours. 440-834-BAIT (2248). Right on the corner of RT44 and Washington street (old RT 44) about a 1/4 mile north of RT422 on the left.

6. i dont know when he opens but on the weekends he closes at 5:00 pm hay

7. I Started The Day At The Cemetry And Drilled 10 Holes In 6-16 Feet. No Luck,and It Looked Like Alot Of Guys Moving From Place To Place.
    I Talked To A Couple Of Guys That Were Using Cameras And They Havent Been Seeing To Much. The Ice Is 3-5 In At The Cem. And 3 At The 305 Road Bed. Not Enough For Me To Get Out There. The Edges Are Almost Twice As Thick As The Middle. :( After Fishin For 5 Hours It Got Pretty Cold With Wind Speeds At 30mph From The North. Ya Cant Win Them All! But There Will Be A Next Time! :d