close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redman, May 7, 2004.

1. Ok So I have decided I am going to mosquito early saturday afternoon. Now all I have to figure out is weather to take the boat or not. I would like to do some crappie fishing to start out with but than as evening approaches I would like to hook into some cats.
    Now my question is, is there a place to shore fish out there in the evening(never even been to this lake) or would it be better to cat fish from the boat.
    also what areas should I try and what should I use.
    I would also ask someone to hold my pole but that would take all the fun out of it. :p :D

2. You can shore fish from the RT 88 causeway. I've had a great deal of success there with crappie and I know guys catfish off there. There are two bait stores on Rt 88. Monty's on the West end and Causeway Bait/Tackle on the east side. Causeway has always been very helpful with reports and tips on what's biting.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Carl

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I am taking my boat up for her first trip out this year to Mosquito. Anyone going up thats got a VHF Marine radio can catch me on ch.68 or ch.69 I will be there from 7am till about 3pm.

flash-------------------------------out

4. I just wanted to thank you fella's for what info you gave me, I don't want to goto a lake that I have never fished before and get skunked. It kinda turns me off of the lake.
    I did change my mind though, I am gonna take the boat out, I dont know if I will do any better but what the hay. Thanks again :eek:

5. I trolled the north end of the lake early Sunday morning with #5 Shad Raps. Caught 2 channels, one about 30 inches and one about 24 inches. Wasn't trying for them but man did they give me the fight I was lookin' for. Only 2 catfish I remember C&R and thanking them for the fight thereafter especially the larger one. I look at them in a whole different light now, especially after hitting my Shad Raps!! No walleye but far from disappointing for me as I looked at it as a day of C&R for LM :)