Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I have decided I am going to mosquito early saturday afternoon. Now all I have to figure out is weather to take the boat or not. I would like to do some crappie fishing to start out with but than as evening approaches I would like to hook into some cats.
Now my question is, is there a place to shore fish out there in the evening(never even been to this lake) or would it be better to cat fish from the boat.
also what areas should I try and what should I use.
I would also ask someone to hold my pole but that would take all the fun out of it. :p :D

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
You can shore fish from the RT 88 causeway. I've had a great deal of success there with crappie and I know guys catfish off there. There are two bait stores on Rt 88. Monty's on the West end and Causeway Bait/Tackle on the east side. Causeway has always been very helpful with reports and tips on what's biting.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Carl

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
I am taking my boat up for her first trip out this year to Mosquito. Anyone going up thats got a VHF Marine radio can catch me on ch.68 or ch.69 I will be there from 7am till about 3pm.

flash-------------------------------out

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wanted to thank you fella's for what info you gave me, I don't want to goto a lake that I have never fished before and get skunked. It kinda turns me off of the lake.
I did change my mind though, I am gonna take the boat out, I dont know if I will do any better but what the hay. Thanks again :eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I trolled the north end of the lake early Sunday morning with #5 Shad Raps. Caught 2 channels, one about 30 inches and one about 24 inches. Wasn't trying for them but man did they give me the fight I was lookin' for. Only 2 catfish I remember C&R and thanking them for the fight thereafter especially the larger one. I look at them in a whole different light now, especially after hitting my Shad Raps!! No walleye but far from disappointing for me as I looked at it as a day of C&R for LM :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts