close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mosquito

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cmiller, Aug 17, 2008.

1. I was Fishing the other night with a friend of mine. Caught some on rapalas. But I loose this rapala vampire lure so I switch to an 01 HJ. On my 2nd cast I had made 2 revolutions on the turn handle then "POW" fish bites the lure then immediately Rolls it on top of the water and is gone. I still have rapala. I'm not sure what fish that could have been. I remember seeing about roughly 18" length of side body flash from the fish as it rolled to free it's self.

Here are my conclusions:
    Walleye
    Musky
    Pike

All I can say is some fish used "the force" and went free. Any help appreciated as always.

Note to Mods: Sorry about the double post. Please delete the other posted thread.

2. Didn't hit the bait like a bass would.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

my guess is a walleye. i doubt it was a musky.

4. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

I don't think there are any musky in Mosquito but there are definitely some nice pike. Sounds like a walleye to me but could've been a pike.

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i used to think so too, that is until i was talking to the guys doing the walleye milking this year at the ramps at the state park, he said they got one in the nets about 24" long(i dont remember if he said this year or last). he said it was the first one hes ever seen in skeeter, figured someone caught it somewhere else and released there. could have came from the creek also, mosquito creek runs into mahoning river which has many musky in it. maybe someone caught it at the spillway and put it in the lake. you never know:) it is highly unlikely, but not impossiable that it could have been a musky, but i doubt it.

6. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

you're right EZ - ain't nuthin' impossible in the world of fishing.

7. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

That's right! Nothing is impossible. Anyone remember the newspaper article last year? A farm pond in Ashtabula produced a 41 inch northern pike that was a little under 20 pounds. Guy has owned the property for over 20 years, never put any pike in there. Impossible? I think not....