close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito weds am

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Papascott, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Heading up bright and early. I will be at the bait shop off 305 around 7 a.m. if anyone wants to join us. Any last minute advise as to where to try? I will probably go off the cemetary or fish the road bed unless I hear otherwise. I will be in my black frabill, my buddy has a blue trap.

Scott

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

good luck, i wish i could join you.......thursday after work or friday will be my first trip out there this season. weather permitting. :(

hope you get into some!

3. We'll probably be out on the road bed at around 8 or 9 wed morning in a blue trap too. Cant give you any advice though since this will be our first time out this year. Good luck

4. We got out at 9:00, fished in 22' water on the east side of the lake from 305. We caught about 8 good size white bass or striped bass I dont know which, and 1 small walleye. Later tried on the road bed in 16' and didnt get anything. Theres a good 5" of clear ice.

5. Fishd from 730 till 1130 total 3 eyes 2 crappie 2 catfish 1 bluegill and 3 big shiners. All fish were small, couldn't feed a cat dinner small. If safe might go back up this weekend or may wait until it gets cold again as I had 4 inches where I was and only 2 of it was clear.

Scott

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I couldnt stand to wait until the weekend because i was afraid of the upcoming ice conditions and my thoughts were confirmed this evening out at skito.

5" to 6" (my auger ice measurer works good!) of ice with a milky bubbly look to the top few inches and a lot of water on the ice.I cringe to think what these warm temps and rain are gonna do to that ice the next few days.

The ice was completely silent today. :(

As far as fishin i tried by the roadbed area from 6' to 14', had a few light hits and lots of lookers on the vex, but i really dont think they were walleye. I couldnt close the deal with these fish. There was a lot of activity on the vex. Even in 6'.

Then i went around to the boat ramps off 305 for kicks to see if anything was goin on and met a friendly old guy and caught a bunch of dink gills while we shot the bull.

And i happened to catch a giant minnow which ive never seen before.

I saw a pic of a 27" walleye at the 305 baitshop caught yesterday!

Good fishing.