mosquito walleye Sunday or monday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brucee, Mar 14, 2008.

1. We were hoping to take the boat out but the water might be a little hard. Is there any place that we can fish for walleye from shore? Do you think we would be better off fishing Sunday at night or first thing monday morning? I have only been to mosquito once a long time ago but plan on spending as much time there as possible this year. I hope to meet you guys out there I really enjoy reading your threads you sound like a great bunch of people. thanks for any info, and I hope you all have a great fishing year.

2. Probably not much good fishing for awhile. Spillways are the best bet! Newton falls area should be good. Dont think theres much open water anywere YET!!!!!:T :D

3. BigMha

BigMha QQn 4 that "ONE" big fish

i've never done it before...and have never been there. any spots that produce well? and should i be tossing x-raps and husky jerks? or should i do the jig and twister tail method? any help would be greatly appreciated

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

walnut run had open water, but with all the run-off its going to be muddy for a few days.

5. ezbite

state park has some very good points to fish. mixed bag every year using plain(no dressing) jig head and head hooked minny. this year i plan on trying berkley gulp and jig.cast it out and jig it back. one of my favorite points is south of the road where you ready your boat for launch, it faces to discharge tower, you will be looking south towards the beach. the island by the beach is also a good point, you'll be facing east.

6. I:D head for sharpsburg P/A fish by the poles at crows nest restuarant. jig a minnie. don;t think you can put a boat in mos yet.

7. ....With all this rain and run-off I have a feeling these lakes will be messed up for a while....to all the guys that go out good luck...let us know how it was and how you did..
    :F GOOD FISHING GUYS:F

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Ez, I would like to try those spots, as soon as it's fishable. Is this where you are talking about?

Attached Files:

9. ezbite

the one facing south is correct. for the one by the beach, you'll need to wade to the east side of the island. its pretty shallow all around and easy to wade the whole area. i always fish the point on the east side of it. actually the whole island is fishable.

just got back from skeeter and walnut run has open water on both sides of the bridge, there's some type of petrolium floating on the lake side in the bay and it smells really strong, id stay away from there for a while. open water under the tower on the dam and the spillway(suprisingly) is very fishable. wear boots because it muddy. state park is still iced in as the rest of the lake. well the south end at least.

10. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

Thanks ez, what about pikie bay area, any places where a guy could wade without breaking any laws or trespassing?

11. ezbite

i only fished pikie bay by canoe, if you want to shore fish there, id just walk up and ask..i have seen on several occasions a few different guys wading the stick ups catching crappie when i was in there. i dont think they walked in from the lake, they had to park at the shop somewhere.s

12. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I take it the cemetery still has lots of ice yet? Trying to find somewhere to go tomorrow as the river is too high. Any suggestions?

13. ezbite

cemetary is still locked up, if i was going tomorrow id cast on the east side of walnut runs bridge(the little bay) for northern about an hour(west side had an oil slick on it). then jig and minny the dam and spillway. maybe hit the bridge at the causeway and see if its open. its still about a week away for me to get out the poles, soon, very soon.

14. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Alright, thanks for your reply though. Don't know my way around there very well, so I'm not sure what bay you're talking about...? When you guys mention Walnut Run and such, I think you're speaking Japanese...:D

15. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

brucee..........Save that gas money....... let alone, the time element,for a crack at the lake a little while from now.....things will start to pick-up shortly and then it's off to the races.......good fishin guy...........Jon Sr.

16. One day last June at Milton I caught smallmouth, white bass, walleye and hooked a small muskie or pike (didn't get a real good look, lost him at the side of the boat) all on a 3" Gulp minnow and 1/4 oz chart/orange jig head. I love love those Gulp minnows!