Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to mosquito tomorrow morning, anybody know if they have been catching any walleye by the cemetery jigging. I figure since the past few days have been decent they should start biting there. I will post again when i get back tomorrow, i am heading out real early.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I think your still a couple days early ,please prove me wrong . I can;t go till sat/sun . a couple warm days will stir them up . waiting for your report .

·
Knot My Problem
145 Posts
I heard of some people catching them tuesday and wednesday so hopefully with the sun out the past two days fish should be hitting today. I'll be there tonight, let you know how I did. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well today wasn;t that bad, started of jigging by the white crane and i managed to pick up one eye and a crappie, had a guy next to me that i saw caught 5 while i was there a couple had size, moved up to the cemetary and my dad caught a small eye and my buddy caught a 24 in, weighed 4 pounds walleye. had a decent amount of bites, but a lot of light strikes. all in all a nice day to be on the water and that good size walleye made the trip worth it. i will post pics when i download them up. But i think things should start heating up. just used jig and minnow. I am heading to berlin in the mornign to see if i can find some eyes.

·
STX 206 Viper
1,861 Posts
I had no luck jigging by the cemetary in the afternoon. Caught one eye (20in male) in a shallow cove 3 FOW on a Jr Thunderstick. Water still pretty cold 47-50 degrees.
Brian

·
Knot My Problem
145 Posts
Caught 2 walleye and a crappie, crappie trollin wally diver around cemetary and both walleye around cemtary as well. All fish released, crappie-10" walleye 17" and 8". Both walleye came on jig and minnow.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
Man, we threw everything except dynamite at them. Only caught a huge carp on a hot-n-tot. Talk to tons of people and they were doing as lousy as we were. First time I was ever skunked at Mosquito. We fished the south end and the temp when we left at 4pm was at 53 degrees. The water was real muddy looking.
:S

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
Man, we threw everything except dynamite at them. Only caught a huge carp on a hot-n-tot. Talk to tons of people and they were doing as lousy as we were. First time I was ever skunked at Mosquito. We fished the south end and the temp when we left at 4pm was at 53 degrees. The water was real muddy looking.
:S
Same thing here. We fished the the south end for a few hours and got 1 tiny perch and a crayfish. We were trolling 14' to 21'.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts