close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Today

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

Walleyeman and myself headed out this morning and fished the Northern side of the causeway. Half was covered with ice the other half wasn't. Put the ballest weights on the Aquavu camera and started trolling. Did not see any fish at all. We decided to then hit the spillway at Mosquito but that was totally blown out. Next we went to Milton spillway but that was blown out as well. Todays results 4 hours fishing with zero fish. I saw on The Aquavu web site that fishing in water 34 degrees or colder is totally useless because the fish will not bite. Is that true? All help is greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

if fishing in 34 degree water was useless, no one would catch fish ice fishing. you can get strong reaction bites in extremely cold water. my cut off point for catching fish in cold water is 32 degrees, for some reason they don't move much.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...:D :D

4. hahahaha thats great

5. FISHED THE 88 CAUSEWAY AND TALKED TO THREE GUYS HOW SAID NO
    FISH! TO COLD AND TO DEEP. WORKED MY WAY BACK TO THE MARINA AND STARTED TO LOOK AROUND. :eek: FEEDING FRENZY IT IS! IT DIDNT TAKE LONG TO LAND A FEW SHAD FROM 12-15in. THOSE THINGS CAN FIGHT! NO TAKERS FOR THE POT. TOUGH TO GET OUT BELOW THEM FROM SHORE BUT MAYBE TRY BOATING IT MON! :)

6. If you get out on a boat let us know. I think you might want to take an auger instead. C'mon ice