close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Thursday Night Tourneys

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Reel Lady, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I was just wondering if anyone from OGF ever participated in the Thursday night tournaments at Mosquito? It's 30.00 entry per boat (2 people) and a 5.00 for big bass (but that is optional).
    We've fished 2 of these tourneys, but please dont ask what our total weight was! :eek: I swear, I don't know where the heck these guys are finding some of these monster bass! I've caught many bass out of mosquito, but my gosh, none near the length/weight of some of these fish being brought to the scales! What's the secret? lol
    We did however catch a nice walleye... but, unfortunately it just couldnt disquise itself as a bass..... ;)
    So, last week there were probably 20-25 boats that entered. The week before that there was probably about 15.
    I'd love to see more OGF people fishing this tournament. I always wear my lucky OGF hat, so I'm not hard to miss :)
    Please come and introduce yourself if you can make it to one of these tourneys. Maybe after the tourney we could head back out for some more social fishing :)

2. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

REEL LADY

I have been fishing them since they started I think I was the one that collected your
    money last week did ya have a Ohio Game and Fish hat on? I have to get over the 4th place hump but its great that they pay that many places anyway.

see ya Thurs. remember its off limits the day of tournament

Mark Franko

3. Reel Lady

You mean you saw my OGF hat and didn't introduce yourself???? You BAD boy you! Well, next time I see you I will know who you are :)
    See ya Thursday!
    Marcia

4. Trust me Marcia is hard to miss...lol...but thats a good thing

5. Reel Lady

So?? Is anyone from my OGF family going to show up at Mosquito tonight?? Come on...It's fun :D

6. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Sorry, cannot get there. It would be a three day drive for me.

Mikie

7. Reel Lady

3 days??? Wow.. are you just away from home or do you live out of state?

8. Reel Lady

Lets all congratulate Ranger487 for winning this weeks Mosquito Tournament.
    I believe his weight was 8.4... maybe 8.8lbs :)
    Our weight was 5.4.. so we were pretty much middle of the road in the weight department. Unfortunately, I managed to lose, what would have been our "kicker" fish at the very beginning of the tourney :( It definitely was the biggest bass that I've ever caught in Mosquito too! Oh well, life goes on :eek:
    At least our overall weights are improving with every tournament, and the big news is that we actually managed to bring in 5 fish! :D It's a great feeling to be digging through your livewell trying to determine which fish needs to be thrown back.
    I think it may be time for a culling system of some sort.
    I'd still love to see some more OGFers out there on Thursday nights :)

9. mikie_fin

mikie_fin Ohio & California

Mrs. Reel Lady,
    I live in So. California. Formerly from NE. Ohio. Also Conghrats to MArk for winning!!

Mikie

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

marcia, they make culling systems, the consist of clip on color sticks and a chart for the weights/size.

11. Congratz Ranger487!! Congratz also to getting that limit Marcia and Rob!

12. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

Thanks alout guys for press, I took my father inlaw also Thurs. he never fished a tournamnet before so now he spoiled he was so pumped up I had to tell him to not get to exited because in this sport it dont always happen that way. I also got to meet reel lady what a great person and she can catch them to.

THANKS AGAIN

Mark Franko

13. Reel Lady

Ranger,
    It was nice to "meet" you as well :) And my gosh, your daughter is absolutely adorable! Have she had the experience of catching fish yet? Does your wife fish?
    Again, congrats on your win... :)

14. ranger487

ranger487 OhioPro Lure

Thanks for compliment of my daughter, as the fishing goes my wife does fish me every so often and my daughter has been a few times also she is really into horses and animals so she an outdoor person I think that she will
    like it when she gets a little bit older.

see ya thurs

Mark Franko

15. TeAm_BoAtBoYs

TeAm_BoAtBoYs "Bite Me"

These tourneys are a blast. I have had some success at these tourneys this year with two 2nd place finishes and a big bass. I fish with by brother usually. last week i fished by myself. limits are easy for me on this body of water its just consistantly bringing in the big fish. ill be there again for this thurs. nighter. have a good one guys and cya on the water!

The Discerni Boys

16. Reel Lady

I was just wondering if anyone was looking for a partner to fish this tourney with tomorrow (or any other thursday)? Zach (Reel son) would really love to fish in a tourney (or 2.. or 3).. He has never fished in a tourney before. So I have volunteered to fish with someone else occasionally so that Zach can fish with Rob (his dad) for some of these events.

17. Reel Lady

Marks kickin' butt again! He took third this week Congrats to you Mark (Ranger487) You seem to really know that lake and your knowledge is certainly paying off... that's awesome
    I think the winning weight was just over 10 pounds tonight. There were 14 boats in the tourney. It was SOOOO windy at the beginning, but eventually the wind died down....
    I found someone to fish on June 30th with me. Well, actually I found someone who invited me to fish on their boat :eek: This way, Zach (reelson) can fish the tourney with Rob.
    I'm always open for invitations because I know that if zach could fish every tourney he would... BUT.. the only way thats happening is if I end up on someone elses boat :p
    I did meet someone up there tonight named Chris. He told me that sometimes he ends up fishing alone, and that we could definitely do one of these tourneys together. That would be nice :D Chris also keeps his eye on this website..and you ask.. "Oh and how do you know that?" Well, lets just say that he knew my name was Marcia and that I was in BassMasters magaizine!" Tell me.. how funny is that??? He seemed like a real nice guy.. hopefully he'll stop lurking around here and sign up to start chiming in with his thoughts/ideas....
    I also met 1 of the "Boat Boys" tonight :D
    I hope to see some more OGFers out there next week! Come on.. it's only 25.00 (per boat)...30.00 if your in on the "Big Fish"...What better thing do you have going on on a Thursday night? Good TV doesnt start again till fall.... :)

18. Hello could someone please email the info on misquito thursday tourneys.
    My friend and I would love to go to some of these or any others that arent to far.
    I am in Darlington, PA 2 miles from East Palestine OH.
    We dont have a boat yet so do they have rentals?
    I think we are going to the Catfish tourney in Westville Sarurday

Thanks
    Gerri
    liltwinky2000@yahoo.com

19. My Aunt lives right on the lake... GOOD LUCK
    I could tell you where to fish but ;)