close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Thurs Tourneys

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Reel Lady, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

This last Thursday I fished this tournament with Nick Prvonozak. The water was HOT and the wind was sure blowing. Rob and Zach were on our boat, and I fished on Nicks boat. The night started out kinda slow for us. I caught the first fish.. but wouldnt you know it... it was just shy of the 12" limit.. Darn...But that's okay, because now at least Nick knows that I can catch fish :D He then caught a short one, I caught another short one, he lost one at the side of the boat which was most likely a keeper.. Ugh..time is passing by... getting nervous... only about 1 hour left at this point only, and only 1 keeper fish. :( Well all of the sudden, the fish just turned on with only 45 minutes left. Nick landed a VERY nice bass with only about 15 minutes to go. I was absolutely THRILLED to say the least! :B
    By the end of our night, we ended up shy of the limit with only 4 keepers... But, one of them ended up being Big Bass which was totally awesome!!!
    We came in 2nd place with 7.57 pounds. Missed 1st place by only a few ounces too...I think it was actually 4 or 6 ounces..
    Nick is an awesome fisherman thats for sure and its always nice to fish with someone different. That way you are less likely to get "stale" in your ways of doing things, and you learn other peoples methods of approaching different situations. Whether it's a new way of tying a knot, or how to operate the trolling motor in windy conditions, or how to load a boat that you've never driven before..
    I think that it would be fun (and certainly interesting) if occasionally we had to Draw for the nonboater. Plus it would be a good way to get to know one another. :)
    Marcia

2. Reel Lady

I fished with Nick Prvonozac again this week :) so that Zach and Rob could fish together.
    The winning weight was 8.4 lbs (Rich Chapman and his Dad) :B
    Nick and I came in second at 7.9oz
    Rob and Zach came in third with 7.69 oz.
    Big Bass was 4.13lbs. Sorry, don't know the gentleman's name :B
    It seemed that everyone did really well tonight, and the weights seem to be on an upward climb.
    I'm already looking forward to next Thursday :B
    [​IMG]
    Isnt this picture funny? It looks like I'm holding a handgun and threatening Joe to "Give me the Big Bass or else!!" ! Actually it's just one of our fish on its way out of the bag into the weigh-in basket. Unfortunately... not the Big Fish of the night.
    By the way, 15 of the tournament fish were taken out to midlake and set free. I know that Nick always releases his fish out in the lake. I think by doing this, these fish will have a better chance of re-establishing a new home, rather than getting caught by someone with a ferocious appettite for bass :B :D

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Good job ! :) Great to see that Nick is getting some time in with you . Pay close attention to every detail he has to offer , it will come in handy someday . Good luck next week .

4. Good Job!! LOL, that does look like a handgun! See ya Saturday at Portage!

5. Gomez

Gomez Just Hangin' Around

That pic is priceless Reel Lady.....The camo pants really add to the effect!!

g

6. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Nick is a great guy, you can learn a lot from him. He is really a good fisherman. A long time ago i fished with him and thought i knew a lot till i fished with him and he showed me what presenting a lure is all about. Good job on the 2nd places.

7. Reel Lady

Wow.. what an awesome night....Although it was pretty windy, Nick and I did okay :D (sorry, no pictures to share :( )
    2nd place would have been Rob with 5.59 (with 4 fish and a dead fish penalty), but Chuck and Nikki ended up moving up into 2nd place with 5.3 lbs. Lets just say that Robs internal clock was about 5 minutes slow... lol Oh well, Chuck and Nikki are 2 great and deserving people.
    Nick and I came in first!!!! Yipee :D with 8.6 lbs.
    But here is the greatest news ever...
    I got Big Bass!!!!!!! :B Finally!!!!! It was 3 pounds. Seriously.. that just made me soooo happy. Nick was very very happy for me, as he has been hearing me talk about how bad I wanted to get "big Bass" for quite a while now. Next week is the last Thursday night tournament at Mosquito. (the championship). The payout will be considerably higher too.
    Well, time for me to get to bed.. I have to wake up at 4:00am tomorrow to be out on Portage lakes by 6:00am. I'm hoping that one day (better sooner than later) that I can become a "morning person"...
    So goodnight for now :eek:
    Marcia

8. captainart

captainart Art Miller

Me and Rob had a good laught before the tournament I asked him

why you werent fishing with him? and he told me he had to get you out of his boat so it would go faster. Hes a really good guy.

Mark