close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosquito Sunday

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Jun 28, 2004.

1. TOUGH day out there. The folks at Causeway Bait & Tackle steered us in the right direction on walleye activity, but we didn't hook up. The fish are still shallow, tucked up in weeds 4-6 ft deep. You just need to find the fish, that's all. Saw some eyes caught, just not by us. We drifted all over, marked a ton, but the only thing we caught was 1 white bass and 1 dink crappie. Oh well, that's why they call it fishing!!!

Carl

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I have almost given up on Mosquito. She hasn't treated me right the past year or so. Thinking more along the lines of Tappen now.

flash--------------------------------------out

3. Chris and I figured we'd give it a shot. We talked about Tappan, Atwood, and WB too, but skeeter won out. Figuring that lake out is one heck of a challenge, I'll tell you.

Carl

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I know the feeling Big D. So many great lakes in the N.E. section of the state, and only so much time....

flash-------------------------------------out

5. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

My son and I were out there Saturday afternoon/evening and only got one walleye. He trolled up a nice fat 3 pounder out of 17' of water on a hotntot. Other that that, we caught 4 dink channel cats and a 14" largemouth.

6. Fished in a Walleye Tournament on Sat and Sunday. Was slow for us. Winning weight for two days was about 25 pounds though. The trollers seemed to kill everybody. The jig bite was slow, most people jigging in the weeds only got about 4-5 pounds each day.

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Mosquito has good years and bad. Every couple of years the fishing just flat out stinks. Three years ago, I was averaging 75 walleyes a weekend. Two years ago, I think I might have caught 20 keepers all season. Last year was another decent year. The reports I've heard this year kept me from even going up.

8. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

three of us limited out the first two weekends in may casting jig/crawler combos in the weedbeds, we made several trips after that but could only get 7 or 8 and you had to work hard for them.